Skip to main content
COVID-19 updates from UW-Eau Claire   READ MORE »

Internal Grant Programs

Detailed application instructions

Click on the program title for a description, requirements of the grant, and detailed application instructions. If the deadlines listed on the right fall on a weekend or holiday the deadline will be the next business day.

Important! Please read our general Internal Guidelines prior to applying to any of these programs.

ORSP offers the following program types:

  • Center of Excellence for Student-Faculty Research Collaboration includes support for student research, student travel to present research, and merit-based scholarships in support of research. The center also runs the Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA). 
  • Professional Development Programs includes support for attending workshops, training, and other professional development opportunities and for bringing experts to campus who can provide professional development - especially in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion. 
  • Research and Scholarly Activity Support Programs includes support for scholarly activities of faculty and academic staff. 


Grant Programs Proposal Submission Dates for 2019-2020
Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates February 12, 2020 to Chair or unit director
Summer Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) February 12, 2020 to Chair or unit director
Student-Faculty Research Collaboration (first call) July 15, 2019 to Chair or unit director
Student-Faculty Research Collaboration (second call) Sept. 25, 2019 to Chair or unit director
Student-Faculty Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity (spring call)
(This program is only open in years where additional funds are available for the spring.)
January 15, 2020 to ORSP
Diversity Mentoring Program
New Project (faculty applicant not yet funded)
Existing Project (faculty applicant funded from ORSP)
Vicki Lord Larson and James Larson Mayo Collaborative Research Program February 4, 2020
Biomedical Innovation Grant-Mayo Collaborative Research Program February 4, 2020
Vicki Lord Larson and James Larson Tenure-track Time Reassignment Collaborative Research Program October 22, 2019
Graduate Student Research and Scholarly and Creative Activity (GradRSCA) Open
International Fellows Program
The second and third calls will be subject to availability of funds.

October 31, 2019 to Immersions

February 8, 2020 to Chair; February 15 to Immersions

June (if funds remain)

Vicki Lord Larson and James R. Larson International Student-Faculty Research

October 31, 2019 to ORSP

February (if funds remain)

June (if funds remain)

Presentation Support

Student Travel for the Presentation of Research Results  Open
Celebration of Excellence in Research in Creative Activity (CERCA)  February 13, 2020


Kell Container Corporation Scholarship for Student-Faculty Collaborative Research March 31, 2020 to ORSP
James R. Larson and Vicki Lord Larson Undergraduate Research Fellowship March 31, 2020 to ORSP

The Professional Development programs described in this announcement are designed to supplement existing professional development support provided by the various units, departments, schools, and colleges as well as those offered through the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) and Learning and Technology Services (LTS). For information regarding programs, funding, services, and events offered by the CETL and LTS, see their websites at, respectively:

Professional Development Programs offered by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs include:

Professional Development Programs
Academic Staff Professional Development The first work day in June, September, November, February, April                          *All funding for Academic Staff Professional Development 2019-2020 has been awarded*
Guest Lecturers, Artists and Other Professionals First working day of each month
(to Dean or Equivalent)
Workshops and Special Projects Travel First working day of each month
(to Dean or Equivalent)
The Visiting Minority Scholars Program  First working day of each month
(to Dean or Equivalent)


We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message