Skip to main content

Study Abroad

Expand your perspective

Ever wondered what it would be like to study abroad? Here’s your chance to find out. Through the programs offered by our Center for International Education, you can attend classes at a university in another country and gain the perspective that only a new environment can provide. National Student Exchange allows you to study at a school in another part of the United States, or in Canada, the Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. Any of these remarkable opportunities will give you the chance to immerse yourself in a new environment and culture while continuing your studies.

1 in 4

Blugolds study abroad


countries to study in


Programs with no foreign language requirement

Limerick, Ireland study abroad female student

Beautiful places, incomparable experiences

Check out the multitude of options for locations, duration, and program type for studying around the world.

The view from abroad
Watching the sun set in Nicaragua

UW-Eau Claire continues as national leader in study abroad

A total of 517 UW-Eau Claire students studied abroad in 2018-19, ranking the university 18th among public and private master’s-level schools in the number of students sent abroad.

Learn more

Each travel opportunity that I have had at UWEC provided me with a unique perspective that has shaped my mindset. I have learned that I am capable of what I thought I wasn't.

Ellie Davis Elementary Education
Study abroad in Italy

Frequently Asked Questions

More than 45 of our current programs have no foreign language requirement — including programs in non-English speaking countries!

Financial aid applies and your aid package will be based on actual costs in your host country, including round-trip airfare. For more information, view financial aid options for studying abroad.

Scholarships -You can apply for UW-Eau Claire, state and federal scholarships for study abroad. For more information, view our available scholarships

Start saving now!  Budget for your time abroad when setting your spending priorities.


South Korea

Center for International Education

Center for International Education (CIE) plays a vital role in providing high quality international programs and international support services to the University community.

Learn more about CIE

National Student Exchange - Domestic Programs

Experiencing a new culture doesn't mean you have to go abroad. There are plenty of exciting places to explore right here in the United States. Through the National Student Exchange (NSE) program at UW-Eau Claire you can choose to spend a semester or academic year at one of nearly 200 universities in the United States, the Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada and Puerto Rico.

Why NSE?

  • Find courses not offered at UW-Eau Claire
  • Pay UW-Eau Claire's affordable tuition no matter which member school you attend
  • All credits earned will transfer and count toward your GPA
  • Financial aid is often available

Learn more about NSE

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message