We work hard to make sure your education counts. UW-Eau Claire has been accredited since 1950, which is your assurance that we provide a quality education and meet rigorous standards, and that our students are eligible for federal financial aid.
The University of Wisconsin Eau Claire is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The following University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire programs have earned additional accreditations from the organizations listed.
- Athletic Training Education Program, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- The Master of Science (M.S.) education program in speech-language pathology residential and distance education at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700, and is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
- Children’s Nature Academy, accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- College of Business, accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice program at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, through December 31, 2031. The programs are also approved by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing.
- Department of Chemistry and the comprehensive A.C.S. Chemistry majors, certified by the American Chemical Society.
- Department of Communication and Journalism’s Integrated Strategic Communication and Journalism majors, accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
- Department of Music and Theatre Arts’ music degrees, accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- Department of Social Work, accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Distance Learning Education, participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement
- Environmental Public Health, accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council
- Health Care Administration, accredited by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards
- School Psychology Educational Specialist, approved by the National Association of School Psychologists
- Counseling Services, accredited by the International Accreditation of Counseling Services
The University is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the American Association of University Women, the American Council on Education, the Association of American Colleges and Universities, the Council of Graduate Schools, the Council for Opportunities in Education, the Council on Undergraduate Research, the Wisconsin Campus Compact, and the Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies.