We work hard to make sure your education counts. UW-Eau Claire has been accredited since 1950, which is your assurance that we provide a quality education and meet rigorous standards, and that our students are eligible for federal financial aid.
The University of Wisconsin Eau Claire is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The following University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire programs have earned additional accreditations from the organizations listed.
- Athletic Training Education Program, accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- BSN Completion Program, accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing
- Communication Sciences and Disorders Graduate Programs accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard, #310, Rockville, MD 20850, 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700, and is approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Children’s Nature Academy, accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- College of Business, accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- College of Nursing baccalaureate degree in Nursing, master’s degree in Nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree, accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and approved by the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing
- Department of Chemistry and the comprehensive A.C.S. Chemistry majors, certified by the American Chemical Society.”
- Department of Communication and Journalism’s Integrated Strategic Communication and Journalism majors, accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
- Department of Music and Theatre Arts’ music degrees, accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- Department of Social Work, accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Distance Learning Education, participation in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement
- Environmental Public Health, accredited by the National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council
- Health Care Administration, accredited by the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Administrators
- School Psychology Educational Specialist, approved by the National Association of School Psychologists
The University is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing, the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, the American Association of University Women, the American Council on Education, the Association of American Colleges and Universities, the Council of Graduate Schools, the Council for Opportunities in Education, the Council on Undergraduate Research, the Wisconsin Campus Compact, and the Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies.