Skip to main content

Scholarly + Creative

One of the “Marks of Excellence” of UW-Eau Claire is its emphasis on student participation in scholarly and creative activity. For graduate students doing research, there are funding opportunities available for research and for presenting results at conferences.

Apply for a Research Grant

The Center for Writing Excellence, with locations in Centennial Hall (Centennial 2104) and McIntyre Library (2003A McIntyre Library), can help at any stage of your writing process, from brainstorming your project and outlining your proposal structure to organizing your argument and polishing your claims.

The Graduate Student Research and Scholarly and Creative Activity Grants (GradRSCA) program is designed to support projects performed by graduate students. Students may receive up to $500 to accomplish the scholarly activity.

In addition to the GradRSCA program, students may receive some funding through Faculty/Student Research Collaboration and Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (SREU) when they serve as student research mentors for undergraduates on those projects.

Present at UW-Eau Claire

CERCA/Student Research Days
UW-Eau Claire hosts an annual week-long spring event where students' scholarly work is displayed through presentations and posters. Students are able to share their research results and experiences with the campus and the Eau Claire community.

Present at Professional Meetings

Student Travel for the Presentation of Research Results
Travel awards may be made to assist students traveling to national or regional professional meetings in order to present the results of collaborative research. Students may receive up to $700 to cover travel expenses for a first trip and up to $1000/year for two or more trips.

To begin the travel booking process, graduate students will need to contact their department and the ASK Center for assistance. Graduate students may work with their department or the ASK Center to book travel. Departments are encouraged to pre-pay expenses (registration, airfare) for graduate students when possible. The traveler will personally pay for whatever cannot be pre-paid by the department and will be reimbursed up to the amount awarded when a travel expense report is submitted. Payment information is required at the time of booking. Travel must be booked according to UW System policy and procedures to be eligible for reimbursement. Graduate students do not need their Award Letter from ORSP to begin booking, but should use the student travel checklist to begin the process. For more information, see UW TravelWIse

Many professional societies offer travel funds for students (e.g., reduced conference registration fees or small travel stipends). Check the conference/society website or contact ORSP for assistance.

Program Deadlines
Program (See individual pages for forms)

Proposal Submission Date (See individual pages for exact dates)

**Student-Faculty Research Collaboration

July (first call)

September (second call)

Graduate Student Research and Scholarly and Creative Activity (GradRSCA) Open
**Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates February
Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA)

March (apply)

April-May (event)

Student Travel for the Presentation of Research Results Open

**Graduate students may receive funding for these programs when they serve as student research mentors for undergraduates on the projects.

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message