Our 14 residence halls are consistently a popular choice for nearly 4,000 students at UW-Eau Claire. Our halls offer far more than just a place to sleep and relax between classes; there are many opportunities for Blugolds to get involved in their residence hall community by running for their hall government, getting involved in one of the many student organizations and attending any of the social, educational, and multicultural programs.
News & Announcements
Secure your spot in the residence halls
Students are guaranteed on-campus living if the housing application and $75 housing deposit are submitted by May 1. Follow the steps below to apply.
STEP 1: Activate your account
To activate your account, you will need your username and campus ID, which are found in your admit letter or application acknowledgment email.
STEP 2: Submit your deposit
After being admitted and activating your account (STEP 1 above), sign in to MyBlugold CampS and follow these steps:
- Click the "Admissions" tile.
- Select the "Pay Housing Deposit" link in the list of quick links.
- Select the "Make a Payment" link.
- Select the "Housing Deposit" box.
- Choose the term and year you will live in the residence halls from the drop-down menu and click "Add to Payment." The housing deposit will appear at the top of the "Make a Payment" screen.
- Click the "Continue" button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select your preferred payment method in the drop-down menu, enter your payment information, and click "Continue."
- You will see a final summary page allowing you to review the payment you're about to make. Once you have confirmed your information, click the "Pay" button to complete your transaction.
International students looking to do an international wire transfer to pay housing deposit should follow the instructions on how to use Flywire to complete payment.
STEP 3: Apply for housing
Housing assignments are first-come, first-served — so don't procrastinate! Students are guaranteed on-campus living if the application and deposit are submitted by May 1. Both steps are needed to secure your spot in the residence halls.
STEP 4: Find a roommate
If you already know who you want to request as your roommate, you may invite this individual to your roommate group and they must accept the invitation to make a mutual roommate request in housing contract and/or at My Housing Portal Roommate Group.
If you want to search for a roommate among other incoming students, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Housing + Residence Life is excited to offer a Roommate Finder functionality within your My Housing Portal. Only after a student has completed the housing contract do they have access to the Roommate Finder.
REMINDER! You can update your contract information including changing your roommate preference until May 1 at 11:59 p.m.
We Want to Hear From You
Please leave any feedback about Housing & Residence Life.