You’ll join nearly 4,000 students in UW-Eau Claire housing. In one of the 12 residence halls on campus, you’ll do the expected — sleeping, studying, figuring out what to wear — and the unexpected, too: running for hall government, getting involved in student organizations, and engaging with social, educational and multicultural programs. You’ll always have something to do in this place to call home.
Apply for student housing
You’ll be guaranteed a spot in a UWEC residence hall once you submit your housing application and $75 housing deposit by May 1. The UW-Eau Claire housing application system is easy to navigate through an online portal, and you’ll be able to keep track of important dates throughout the housing process.
STEP 1: Activate your account
To activate your account, you will need your username and campus ID, which are found in your admit letter or application acknowledgment email.
STEP 2: Submit your deposit
After being admitted and activating your account (STEP 1 above), sign in to MyBlugold CampS and follow these steps:
- Click the "Admissions" tile.
- Select the "Pay Housing Deposit" link in the list of quick links.
- Select the "Make a Payment" link.
- Select the "Housing Deposit" box.
- Choose the term and year you will live in the residence halls from the drop-down menu and click "Add to Payment." The housing deposit will appear at the top of the "Make a Payment" screen.
- Click the "Continue" button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select your preferred payment method in the drop-down menu, enter your payment information, and click "Continue."
- You will see a final summary page allowing you to review the payment you're about to make. Once you have confirmed your information, click the "Pay" button to complete your transaction.
International students looking to do an international wire transfer to pay housing deposit should follow the instructions on how to use Flywire to complete payment.
STEP 3: Apply for housing
Housing assignments are first-come, first-served — so don't procrastinate! Students are guaranteed on-campus living if the application and deposit are submitted by May 1. Both steps are needed to secure your spot in the residence halls.
STEP 4: Find a roommate
If you already know who you want to request as your roommate, you may invite this individual to your roommate group and they must accept the invitation to make a mutual roommate request in housing contract and/or at My Housing Portal Roommate Group.
If you want to search for a roommate among other incoming students, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Housing and Residence Life is excited to offer a Roommate Finder functionality within your My Housing Portal. Only after a student has completed the housing contract do they have access to the Roommate Finder.
REMINDER! You can update your contract information including changing your roommate preference until May 1 at 11:59 p.m.
Learn about dining on campus
Review your dining options at UWEC.
Share your feedback
Please leave any feedback about Housing and Residence Life.