Skip to main content

Share your scholarly project

Undergraduate students have many opportunities to present and share their scholarly project beyond the classroom setting. Get started here:

  • Present at UW-Eau Claire
  • Present at Student Research Conferences
  • Present at Professional Conferences
  • Opportunities for Publication

Present at UW-Eau Claire

Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA) 
An annual week-long event in spring where students can present their work as posters, oral presentations, or performances. All work is presented on the UW- Eau Claire campus. Students are able to share their research results and experiences with the campus and Eau Claire community. 

Students may also apply to share their research at UW-Eau Claire conferences, such as the Provost's Honors Symposium (by nomination), Math Retreat, and the WiSys Quick Pitch.

Present at Student Research Conferences

UW-System Symposium
The UW-System Symposium is designed to provide students the opportunity to present their research, scholarly, and creative projects through poster presentations, oral presentations, visual art displays, and artistic performances. Presentations take place at a designated UW-System university annually in the spring.

National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) - At UW-Eau Claire, April 13-15, 2023
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research promotes undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. It is the largest symposium in the country, bringing together 4000 undergraduate students from all fields and disciplines. Students presenting at the National Conference will have the option of doing an oral presentation, a poster presentation, a performance, or a visual arts display.

Present at Professional Conferences

Apply up to two times a year to help fund travel to present at a research conference or professional meeting. Students may receive up to $700 for the first trip and a total of $1000 for the year. 

TIP: Many professional societies offer travel funds for students (e.g., reduced conference registration fees). Check the conference/society website or contact ORSP for assistance. In addition, the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) has travel funds for some disciplines. 

Opportunities for Publication

See the list of journals available for undergraduate students to publish their research.

Any Discipline





Cognitive Science

Creative Work



European Studies




Human Sciences


Medicine (includes Science, Social Science, Arts and Humanities disciplines)





Political Science


Religious Studies


Social Justice

See also the Council on Undergraduate Research's list of undergraduate journals.

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message