Undergraduate students have many opportunities to present and share their scholarly project beyond the classroom setting. Get started here:
- Present at UW-Eau Claire
- Present at Student Research Conferences
- Present at Professional Conferences
- Opportunities for Publication
Present at UW-Eau Claire
Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA)
An annual week-long event in spring where students can present their work as posters, oral presentations, or performances. All work is presented on the UW- Eau Claire campus. Students are able to share their research results and experiences with the campus and Eau Claire community.
Present at Student Research Conferences
The UW-System Symposium is designed to provide students the opportunity to present their research, scholarly, and creative projects through poster presentations, oral presentations, visual art displays, and artistic performances. Presentations take place at a designated UW-System university annually in the spring.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) - At UW-Eau Claire, April 13-15, 2023
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research promotes undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. It is the largest symposium in the country, bringing together 4000 undergraduate students from all fields and disciplines. Students presenting at the National Conference will have the option of doing an oral presentation, a poster presentation, a performance, or a visual arts display.
Present at Professional Conferences
Apply up to two times a year to help fund travel to present at a research conference or professional meeting. Students may receive up to $700 for the first trip and a total of $1000 for the year.
TIP: Many professional societies offer travel funds for students (e.g., reduced conference registration fees). Check the conference/society website or contact ORSP for assistance. In addition, the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) has travel funds for some disciplines.
Opportunities for Publication
See the list of journals available for undergraduate students to publish their research.
Journals Available for Undergraduate Publication
- Augsburg Honors Review
- Journal of Student Research
- Lethbridge Undergraduate Research Journal
- International Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
- Reinvention: An International Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Queen City Writers
- American Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Allegheny Review (Art, Poetry, Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction)
- Collision Literary Magazine (Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, Literary Criticism, Art, and Photography)
- Illinois Wesleyan University Undergraduate Economic Review
- Issues in Political Economy
- Michigan Journal of Economics
- Sigma Tau Delta Review (Literary Journal)
- The Rectangle (Non-Fiction, Fiction, and Poetry)
- Young Scholars in Writing (Writing and Rhetoric)
- UCB Comparative Literature Undergraduate Journal
- The Historian
- History Matters: An Undergraduate Journal of Historical Research
- Vanderbilt Historical Review
- The Dialectics: Journal of Law, Leadership, and Society
- Apollon Journal: Undergraduate eJournal
- Southern Humanities Review
- Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Mathematics Journal
- SIAM Undergraduate Research Online (SIURO)
- Minnesota Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics
- Mathematics Exchange
Medicine (includes Science, Social Science, Arts and Humanities disciplines)
- Journal of Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences
- Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research
- The Undergraduate Journal of Psychology