Undergraduate students have many opportunities to present and share their scholarly project beyond the classroom setting. Get started here:
- Present at UW-Eau Claire
- Present at Student Research Conferences
- How do I get funding for travel to present my research results?
- Opportunities for publication
- Student publications highlighted by Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
Present at UW-Eau Claire
Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA)
An annual week-long event in spring where students can present their work as posters, oral presentations, or performances. All work is presented on the UW- Eau Claire campus. Students are able to share their research results and experiences with the campus and Eau Claire community.
Students may also apply to share their research at the following UW-Eau Claire conferences, such as the Provost's Honors Symposium (by nomination), Math Retreat, WiSys Quick Pitch, and Kaleidoscope of Nursing Scholarship conference.
Present at Student Research Conferences
The UW-System Symposium is designed to provide students the opportunity to present their research, scholarly, and creative projects through poster presentations, oral presentations, visual art displays, and artistic performances. Presentations take place at a designated UW-System university annually in the spring.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
The National Conference on Undergraduate Research promotes undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. It is the largest symposium in the country, bringing together 4000 undergraduate students from all fields and disciplines. Students presenting at the National Conference will have the option of doing an oral presentation, a poster presentation, a performance, or a visual arts display.
Posters on the Hill
The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) provides an annual undergraduate poster session on Capitol Hill. Approximately 60 students have the opportunity to share their research with members of Congress, federal funding agencies, and nearby foundations. This is a competitive event, but UW-Eau Claire students have been selected in the past.
Present at Professional Conferences
Apply up to two times a year to help fund travel to present at a research conference or professional meeting. Students may receive up to $700 for the first trip and a total of $1000 for the year.
TIP: Many professional societies offer travel funds for students (e.g., reduced conference registration fees). Check the conference/society website or contact ORSP for assistance. In addition, the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) have travel funds in some disciplines.
Opportunities for Publication
See the list of journals available for undergraduate students to publish their research.
Journals Available for Undergraduate Publication
- Augsburg Honors Review
- Journal of Student Research
- Lethbridge Undergraduate Research Journal
- The Pittsburgh Undergraduate Review
- International Journal of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
- Student Pulse
- Reinvention: An International Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Public Writing
- Queen City Writers
- Papers & Publications
- Allegheny Review (Art, Poetry, Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction)
- Collision Literary Magazine (Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, Literary Criticism, Art, and Photography)
- Illinois Wesleyan University Undergraduate Economic Review
- Issues in Political Economy
- Cambridge Undergraduate Journal of Development Economics
- Michigan Journal of Economics
- Sigma Tau Delta Review (Literary Journal)
- The Rectangle (Non-Fiction, Fiction, and Poetry)
- Young Scholars in Writing (Writing and Rhetoric)
- UCB Comparative Literature Undergraduate Journal
- The Historian
- History Matters: An Undergraduate Journal of Historical Research
- Vexillum (Classical and Medieval Studies)
- Vanderbilt Historical Review
- The Dialectics: Journal of Leadership, Politics, and Society
- Apollone Journal: The Undergraduate eJournal
- Southern Humanities Review
- Furman University Electronic Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics
- Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Mathematics Journal
- SIAM Undergraduate Research Online (SIURO)
- Minnesota Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics
- Ball State Beneficence Press
Medicine (includes Science, Social Science, Arts and Humanities disciplines)
- Aporia (Brigham Young)
- Janua Sophia
- Rutgers University Undergraduate Philosophy Journal
- Yale Philosophy Review
- Ex Nihilo
- Journal of Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences
- Psi Chi Journal
- The Undergraduate Journal of Psychology
- Yale Review of Undergraduate Research in Psychology
STEM and STEM Education
CUR quarterly highlights student publications across the country every fall, spring, and summer.