The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee oversees and reviews the care and treatment of animals in all animal study areas and facilities of the university at least semiannually to evaluate compliance with Public Health Services Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals.
Federal regulations require investigators to obtain approval of an animal use protocol by IACUC before commencing research using vertebrate animals.
If you intend to use vertebrate animals in research or teaching, contact the IACUC chair for information and instructions for how to proceed.
Questions? Contact Carla Lagorio, Chair of Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, 715-836-5487, Hibbard Humanities Hall 269.
IACUC Members 2023-24
- Carla Lagorio (2026), Chair, Psychology
- Jamie Lyman Gingerich (2024), Biology
- Molly Patterson (2026), English, Non-Science Member
- Jennifer Smith (2026), Biology
- Diane Robertson (2024), Community Representative
- Joan Schumacher (2023), Veterinarian
- Vacant-Laboratory Manager, Biology, (ex officio and voting)
- Kim Frodl (2026), Student Health Service, Occupational Health & Safety Consultant for Animal Research Personnel
- · Erica Benson, PhD., Interim Executive Director ORSP (ex officio and non-voting)
- Melissa Wallace, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, Research Compliance Specialist, IACUC Secretary
Fall 2023 IACUC meeting dates:
- September 6, 2023--6:00pm-7:30pm
- November 1, 2023--6:00pm-8:00pm
Meetings will be held in Hibbard Humanities Hall 180