We want your campus experience to feel right—to feel inclusive, engaging, challenging, and exciting—from day one. Whether you’re choosing between in-person and virtual visits, deciding when to visit and tour a college, or figuring out how to schedule college visits, the UWEC admissions team is here to help you find the best option for you.
Learn more about:
First-year student visits
All first-year student visits include a 30-minute admissions presentation followed by a 90-minute student-led campus tour, with the exception of our outreach events.
Types of first-year student visits:
- General Campus Visit: for high school students or graduates attending college for the first time
- Academic Department Visit: more in-depth visits for high school students with content focused on specific academic areas or programs
- Admitted Student Visit: in-depth visits for first-year students who have been admitted to UW-Eau Claire
- Scholar Day (October 10): an in-depth visit intended for high-achieving high school seniors
Transfer student visits
Take advantage of our in-person visit option designed specifically for transfer students. Register for a transfer student visit.
Get a sneak peek of our campus from the comfort of your home.
Types of virtual resources:
- Virtual sessions for students: participate in a variety of virtual sessions focused on special interest areas or next steps for admitted students
- Nursing virtual session (November 17): hear from staff and students about the Nursing program at UW-Eau Claire
- Support system webinars (intended for family members and other individuals supporting college-bound students): learn how to support your student(s) through their college search, regardless of where they plan to attend college!
- Virtual campus tour: take a virtual journey around campus and the surrounding Eau Claire area
- Virtual residence hall tours: view a video tour of each residence hall on and near campus
We look forward to connecting with your group, either in person or virtually! We ask for at least three weeks’ notice for a group visit, as it will allow us to personalize the visit based on your request. Register your high school or organization for a group visit.
I chose UWEC because it represented everything I wanted in a university. The size is great, the campus is clearly defined, and it is all very aesthetically pleasing. Beyond that, there is a real sense of community on campus and in the city. I couldn't find all these things anywhere else I looked, so it had to be UWEC!
Considering staying overnight so you can spend more time exploring Eau Claire? The Lismore Hotel in Eau Claire has graciously offered a discounted room rate for campus visitors. Book online or call The Lismore Hotel at 715-835-8888 and ask for the UWEC parent rate.
We’re here to help you plan a smooth UW-Eau Claire visit, from helpful travel hints to our easy-to-follow campus map (with visitor parking!). Once you’re here, our campus ambassadors can help you find your way around. You may also be interested in visiting our beautiful Barron County campus in the community of Rice Lake.