We want your campus experience to feel right—to feel inclusive, engaging, challenging, and exciting—from day one. Whether you’re choosing between in-person and virtual visits, deciding when to visit and tour a college, or figuring out how to schedule college visits, the UWEC admissions team is here to help you find the best option for you.
Learn more about:
First-year student visits
All first-year student visits include a 30-minute admissions presentation and a 90-minute student-led campus tour.
View all first-year students visits
Types of first-year student visits:
- General Weekday/Saturday Campus Visits: for high school students or graduates attending college for the first time
- Admitted Student Days: for first-year students who have been admitted to UW-Eau Claire
- Academic Department Visits: for first-year students looking for a more in-depth visit related to their program of interest
Transfer student visits
Take advantage of our in-person visit option designed specifically for transfer students. Register for a transfer student visit.
Get a sneak peek of our campus from the comfort of your home.
Types of virtual resources:
- Virtual Sessions
- Admitted student sessions: learn about next steps to becoming a Blugold, including topics like housing, financial aid, billing, and parking
- Nursing session (November 16): hear in-depth about the Nursing program from staff and current students
- Students of color panel (December 12): join a virtual panel with current UW-Eau Claire students of color to learn about their experiences on campus
- Student Support System webinars: intended for family members, high school counselors, and mentors of college-bound students, these webinars will provide useful information and tips for anyone acting as a support system for a students going through the college search process
- Virtual campus tour: take a virtual journey around campus and the surrounding Eau Claire area
- Virtual residence hall tours: view a video tour of each residence hall on and near campus
We look forward to connecting with your group, either in person or virtually! We ask for at least three weeks’ notice for a group visit, as it will allow us to personalize the visit based on your request. Register your high school or organization for a group visit.
I knew within the first 10 minutes of being on campus that I was going to attend UWEC. I just felt at home when I was walking around. The campus is beautiful, and the students and professors are kind and supportive.
Considering staying overnight so you can spend more time exploring Eau Claire? The Lismore Hotel in Eau Claire has graciously offered a discounted room rate for campus visitors. Book online or call The Lismore Hotel at 715-835-8888 and ask for the UWEC parent rate.
We’re here to help you plan a smooth UW-Eau Claire visit, from helpful travel hints to our easy-to-follow campus map (with visitor parking!). Once you’re here, our campus ambassadors can help you find your way around. You may also be interested in visiting our beautiful Barron County campus in the community of Rice Lake.