Protecting the privacy of visitors to the UW-Eau Claire website
We want to ensure that users understand what information we collect and how it is used. Because UW-Eau Claire is a public university, information collected at this website may be subject to release under Wisconsin and federal open records laws. During your visit to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's website, information is automatically collected and stored. For more detail on privacy, please see the expanded statement following.
This Privacy Statement explains the manner in which the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a "User") of the http://www.uwec.edu website ("Site").
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit our Site, register on the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, though it may prevent you from engaging in certain Site related activities. For information on student privacy rights and our compliance to the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), please refer to information hosted by our Registrar's Office.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name and version, the type of device and technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized, your IP address, and other similar information. We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to the Site.
Web browser cookies
Opting out: You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
We also use certain Google Analytics features-including remarketing and advertising reporting features that leverage cookies and tracking pixels-to monitor user behavior on our site and to better target our advertising efforts.
Opting out: You can install a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics tracking.
How we use collected information
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To personalize user experience. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature. We may send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To send periodic emails. We may use your email address to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include university news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our Site.
- To utilize third party service providers. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes if you have not denied permission to share that information.
- To serve advertisements on third party websites. We use third party remarketing services to advertise on third party sites to previous visitors to our site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL-secured communication channel.
The UW-Eau Claire website contains links to other independently run websites within the UW-Eau Claire network and to some sites outside the "uwec.edu" domain. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Changes to this privacy statement
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire has the discretion to update this privacy statement at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage you to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. It is your responsibility to review this privacy statement periodically and become aware of modifications.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this privacy statement. If you do not agree to this statement, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this statement will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this Site or your experiences with this Site, or GDPR-related questions and requests, please contact us at:
Learning and Technology Services
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
105 Garfield Avenue
Eau Claire, WI, 54702
Or e-mail email@example.com
Privacy Statement last updated on Monday, April 18, 2018 at 1:07 PM .