The Firstsource Support Team strives to provide support for the administrative service needs of faculty and staff at UW-Eau Claire. The Firstsource Team assists with all inquiries related to travel, reimbursement, University Accounting, Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Purchasing, and Risk Management, Safety and Sustainability. Call 715-836-3131, or email email@example.com for assistance and to schedule an appointment.
Managed Travel Program
The University of Wisconsin System has a managed travel program, which has required methods for booking and procuring travel arrangements. Knowledge of the following requirements will get your business travel off to a good start:
- All airfare must be booked through the designated travel agency
- Booking hotels through third party vendors such as Expedia or Booking.com is not permitted.
- You must be an authorized driver to be reimbursed for travel mileage or rent a car on university business. Review the Risk Management and Safety Driver Authorization and Vehicle User Agreement Sign-Up Instructions. Enterprise and National are our preferred car rental vendors. Information on our Ground Transportation policy and vendors can be found here.
- Expense reports must be submitted within 90 days of the end of your trip to be eligible for reimbursement. Further information can be found in the Travel and Expense General policy section H.
To learn more about the travel policies and procedures we highly encourage you to sign up for an Unravel Your Travel training session with the Travel Manager and the ASK Center Firstsource Support Team, or register for Upcoming UW Travel Webinars and listen to past webinars.
Required steps you will need to take before traveling on university business:
- Sign up for a Concur Profile – note your Concur login is your (institution name-email address).
- Sign up for a US Bank travel card if you anticipate traveling on University business at least once per year. More information may be found on the Purchasing: Credit Cards (Procurement + Travel Cards) web page.
For your convenience, below are some useful travel links:
- UW TravelWIse
- New and Infrequent Traveler Checklist
- Lodging Maximums & Per Diem Allowance Calculation Note: Employees are only able to expense lodging that is under the maximum rate allowed by location (unless attending a conference)
- Driver Authorization via Enterprise Fleet Management System
We hope you find this information helpful. Please feel free to reach out to the UW-Eau Claire ASK Center Firstsource Support Team or UW Travel Management Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.