Travel awards are made to assist students traveling to national or regional professional meetings in order to present the results of collaborative research and creative activity.
A. Purpose and Overview:
These awards, funded by Blugold Commitment Differential Tuition, are intended to encourage students to submit the results of their research for dissemination at professional meetings. Awards for a first trip may be up to $700, and a student may receive $1000 in any academic year. As a condition of the travel grant, students are expected to present their results at the annual UW-Eau Claire Student Research Day, or the UW System Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity, if they have not presented these findings at one of these venues previously.
UW-Eau Claire students who have documentation of a paper or poster being accepted at a professional meeting and who plan to present their research findings are eligible to apply. If multiple presenters request travel support for a single presentation at a professional meeting, this travel program normally will not support more than two student presenters. If a student plans to present a poster or paper at more than one professional meeting, it is unlikely that any individual will receive more than $1,000 from this program in a single academic year. Faculty co-presenters must seek support through their department.
C. Writing Guide:
Student Travel for the Presentation of Research Results applications are processed in BP Logix. Please visit the Using eForms and BP Logix page for a detailed explanation of the eForm system.
The application should consist of:
- Student Travel for the Presentation of Research Results form
- Applicants must clearly explain and justify all requested expenses in the budget explanation section of the form.
- A document (in Word or PDF format) confirming the acceptance of the presentation from the conference organizer that clearly indicates your name as a presenter, the presentation title, and other relevant presentation information (which can be uploaded as an attachment in the form)
If your travel has been funded, look below at "How to Access Your Student Travel Funding" accordion to complete the remaining requirements for reimbursed travel.
D. Deadline for Application:
There is no set deadline, but the application must be made prior to the initiation of travel. No funds will be awarded if the application is received after the travel has occurred. Funds for this program are limited, so best to apply as early as possible. Please note that the processing of the application may take several weeks.
E. Previously Awarded Projects
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2020-2021
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2019-2020
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2018-2019
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2017-2018
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2016-2017
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2015-2016
- Student Travel Presentation of Research 2014-2015
How to Access Your Student Travel Funding
Congratulations on being funded to present your research. At this point in the process, you should have already have received an email confirmation of your approval from ORSP. If not, please contact ORSP concerning the status of your application.
In order to receive your funding, please complete the following requirements to comply with the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's funded travel policy:
1. Travel Checklist - Student
Before you arrange your travel plans, please consult with your department's Academic Department Associate or the Administrative Support & Knowledge Center (ASK) at (715) 836-3131 for travel guidelines. It is important to inquire about travel guidelines each time you travel as regulations may change.
2. E-Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
If you are a student worker currently on payroll, detailed documentation and sign-on information can be found on the Accounts Payable website under E-Reimbursement.
Non-employee students should complete the Student & Non-Employee Travel Guide-Log and turn in receipts to your department. The department will submit the E-Reimbursement on your behalf.