The State of Wisconsin Department of Administration runs the public bidding process for common categories of supplies and equipment that would be used in the operation of any state agency. These contracts have terms and conditions, tax-exempt status, shipping and installation, and warranties negotiated to the benefit of all state agencies for the pre-determined length of the contract.
1. Office Supplies - Staples on ShopUW+
Office Supplies/Staples on ShopUW+
Staples is the mandatory state-contracted vendor for office supplies and miscellaneous office products. All office supplies must be purchased from Staples on Shop@UW. Staples offers a wide variety of items. If an item you are looking for is not available, but a comparable item is, you must purchase the comparable item. If an equivalent or comparable item cannot be found, contact purchasing to request a waiver from the contract.
What items are considered office supplies?
Office supplies include items that would be used in an everyday office or classroom setting. Examples of office supplies include but are not limited to:
- Adhesives (all types)
- Appointment books and planners
- Badges and supplies
- Pens and pencils
- Self-stick notes and flags
- Staples and staplers
- Tape and dispensers
For more information on this contract click here: Statewide General Office Supplies Contract.
2. New Ink and Toner – Staples on ShopUW+
3. Repurposed Ink and Toner – Buy on Purpose on ShopUW+
5. Maintenance, Repair, Operations (MRO/Janitorial) supplies – Available on ShopUW+ or through Facilities Central Stores
6. Standard Alkaline Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9V) – In bulk, from (Alkaline Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, 9V) or in smaller quantities through Facilities Central Stores (link to Central Stores)
7. Copy Machine Leases and Purchased Equipment – EO Johnson
8. Computers, Software, and Desktop Printers – Work through LTS Consulting
10. Mobile Devices + Wireless Services - (IT - Wireless Telephony and Broadband Plans, Equipment and Support)
11. Furniture – Badger State Industries (BSI) (MANDATORY STATEWIDE OFFICE FURNITURE CONTRACT - BADGER STATE INDUSTRIES (BSI). If BSI cannot provide what you need, you must obtain a waiver and work with Purchasing to navigate the secondary mandatory furniture contract which includes approximately 57 other vendors (STATEWIDE OFFICE FURNITURE).
12. Travel (lodging, rental vehicles, airfare) – UW TravelWise