The LTS Help Desk is the front line of support regarding learning and technology services. Located in Vicki Lord Larson Hall, they coordinate the referral of faculty, student and staff questions to the appropriate resources.
Whether you are a UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, or student, Learning and Technology Services has multiple tools in place to help you work and learn remotely.
Note: Walk-in hours are 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. M-F only.
Limited to 2 clients at a time physically in the office. Currently until Aug 14, 2020.
Please bring your Blugold ID to get into the building. A Blugold ID may be required to access Vicki Lord Larson Hall from McIntyre Library’s Garfield entrance or the breezeway entrance between Vicki Lord Larson and Schofield Hall.
Help is available through:
- Phone, Email, and Walk-in consultations
- Setting up UW-Eau Claire's VPN
- Setting up to connect to your office computer
- Connecting to Campus Drives
- Using Virtual Lab / LabAnywhere
Contact us if you have questions regarding:
- Verifying legitimate emails
- Help with Word, Excel, or PowerPoint
- Setting up email on your phone
- Password assistance
- Logging in
Remote Support tool for personal computers
CETL staff and LTS instructional designers will present alternatives to face-to-face teaching. All sessions in CETL, VLL 1142
View the Alternatives to Face-to-Face Class Meetings document for an overview of options.