If you are starting to think about joining the BSN Completion Program or you have already made up your mind, use this page as a guide for the admission requirements for the program. If you have any additional questions about admission requirements feel free to contact us.
Formal application to the BSN Completion Program must be made in the semester prior to enrolling in nursing courses. Students may apply while in the final semester of their technical college program. The deadlines for filing applications to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences are:
- March 1, April 1, and June 1 for Fall semester start; and
- October 1 and November 1 for Spring Semester start.
In order to be considered for admission to the BSN Completion Program at UW-Eau Claire, applicants must have:
- Graduated with an associate degree from a nationally accredited ADN Program with at least a 2.50 GPA (e.g. NLN, NLNAC, ACEN)
- A current Wisconsin RN license (may apply last semester of ADN program)
- Admitted to UWEC in good standing
- Completed 30+ transfer credits with 2.5+ overall GPA
- Completed at least 3 of 5 required science courses with a least a 2.5 GPA
- Fill out and submit all materials in admission packet
- Admission sheet
- Online demographic form
- Application fee
- Official transcript form Associate Degree
- Evidence of Wisconsin RN licensure
NOTE: Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended, including High School, are needed.
If you are interested in applying to the BSN Completion Program at UW-Eau Claire please review steps involved in the application process below.
Step 1: Apply to both the University and BSN Completion Program
- Apply to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire as a collaborative nursing student for the term you plan to take a course. Send official transcripts, including high school, unless you already have a Bachelors Degree completed, to UW-EC Admissions.
- You must also submit an application to the College of Nursing and Health Sciences for the BSN Completion Program.
Step 2: Prepare academic plan
Email Dr. Catherine Kenney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule an appointment to prepare an academic plan.