The College of Nursing and Health Sciences provides undergraduate and graduate programs for Nursing. Building on a foundation of excellence, the College prepares liberally educated individuals for professional practice. Creative educational experiences, scholarship, and service to our communities enhance the personal and professional growth of students and faculty and promote life-long learning. As a College, we value a caring spirit, ethical practice, and advocacy for policies and actions that contribute to the improvement of the human condition.
• Excellence in teaching/learning including integration of liberal and professional education
• Maintaining the centrality of professional practice in our educational endeavors
• Research and scholarship that contribute to knowledge development and the improvement of practice,
teaching, and service
• Engagement in and advancement of innovative and high-impact teaching/learning practices
• Meaningful service to and with our professional, civic, and client-related communities
• Faculty-student and interdisciplinary collaboration
• Equity, diversity, inclusivity, and global perspectives on human health and environmental well-being
• Caring spirit, ethical practice, and advocacy for policies and actions that contribute to the improvement of the human condition
• Continuous pursuit of a culture of mentoring, responsiveness and collegial engagement
The College of Nursing and Health Sciences is a leader in the upper Midwest for exemplary education in nursing. We make a difference in the lives of our students, the practice of our profession, and the health of the people we serve.