Blugold Welcome Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 2: Freshman Move-In, Full Campus
- Dinner available at Hilltop Dining Center (check wristbands for meal rotation times)
- 7:30 p.m., Required Wing Meetings, Residence Halls
- 9 p.m.-midnight, Moonlight Mixer, Towers Tennis Courts, Upper Campus
- Rain Location: The Lookout
Wrap up an exciting day with a dance party in the moonlight. Help yourself to some root beer and light up your dance moves with some glow sticks!
Sunday, Sept. 3: Upper Classmen Move-In, Full Campus
- 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Tie-Dye Affair, Governors Hall Backyard, Upper Campus
Join us for one of our most popular events of the year! You will have the chance to do some tie-dying! T-shirts will be available for purchase! You’ll enjoy local business booths, samples and promotional giveaways, yard games and some great tunes!
- 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m. Rotation, "Sex Signals" presentation, Schofield Auditorium, Lower Campus
A real life, funny, sort-of improvisation show about sex … and stuff. You are guaranteed to both laugh and learn something — and isn’t that what you’re here for? Attend one of three shows at 4 p.m., 6 p.m. or 8 p.m. Look to your RA and wristband color for your community’s exact show time.
- Dinner at Hilltop Dining Center. Reference wristbands for designated meal rotation time
- 9 p.m.-midnight, Davies Party, first and second floors of Davies Center, Lower Campus
Welcome to your home away from home, your new living room, your hang out place: DAVIES! The Davies Welcome Party will host live student bands, trivia, a dance party DJ, free food, make and take giveaways and more while giving our newest Blugolds a chance to explore Davies Center.
Monday, Sept. 4: Labor Day Holiday
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Tour de Rec, Hilltop and Towers Tennis Courts, Upper Campus
Join Recreation for food, fun and fitness. All activities are FREE. Take an outdoor tour of fitness opportunities on campus with student tour guides, join in a group exercise class, run up the hill for a T-shirt or just stop by for food and atmosphere! Tour (2 miles) leaves from Hilltop Basketball Courts. 11 a.m. for runners, 11:15 a.m. for walkers.
- Fitness classes on Hilltop Basketball Courts: high-intensity interval training at 10 a.m., Zumba at 11 a.m., yoga at noon.
- Run the Hill 1x for a FREE Rec T-shirt: 1 p.m. meet at the bottom of the UWEC Hill
- Party (free snacks, Rec program information) from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. outside of Hilltop Rec Center
- 2-6 p.m., Eagle’s View Challenge Ropes Course Open, Behind Sutherland Hall, Upper Campus
- 5-7 p.m., Labor Day Picnic-Themed Dinner (check wristbands for designated meal rotation times, Hilltop Dining)
The end of summer may be near, but Labor Day weekend means one last chance to celebrate with your favorite picnic food! So grab some of your new-found friends and head to Hilltop Dining Center for a picnic-themed dinner!
Tuesday, Sept. 5: Opening Day, Required for all First-Year and Transfer Students
- 8:15 a.m., Opening Day Welcome Program Begins, Zorn Arena, Lower Campus
This is your OFFICIAL welcome to UW-Eau Claire! You’ll be greeted by Chancellor James Schmidt, fellow Blugolds and members of the administration, faculty and staff! Keynote speaker: Odell Bizell.
- 10:30 a.m.-noon, Connections — Small Group Meetings. Students will gather in respective groups or FYE sections.
Find out what campus is really about. You will meet and connect with fellow Blugolds in this small group and learn about a few things that will help you along your college journey.
- Noon-2 p.m., Student Services Fair and Lunch On Your Own
- Buffet Line: First Floor, Davies Student Center
- Fair: Central Campus Mall
- Reference wristbands for designated meal and fair rotation times, Campus Mall, Lower Campus (Rain Location: Davies Center)
Grab lunch in Davies (Your wristband color will determine your assigned meal time). When you’re not eating, visit the Student Services Fair, which will be going on at the same time. This event is designed with YOU in mind! All you need to bring is your smile! Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about the variety of services we offer at UWEC. Also, be sure to swipe to receive your FREE Blugold T-shirt to wear at the Flood the Mall class photo with Chancellor Jim!
- 2-3:30 p.m. Academic Major Mixers, Academic areas
Meet the deans and faculty of your major or interest group, ask questions and explore what your future holds!
- 3:30-4:30 p.m., find your classes and explore lower campus
- Activities Involvement and Leadership Outdoor Social on the Central Campus Mall
- 4:30 p.m., Flood the Mall for class photo, Central Campus Mall
Be a part of UWEC history! Wear your free Blugold T-shirt and join Chancellor Jim and the Blugold Marching Band for your Class of 2021 photo!
- 5 p.m., Students Return to Upper Campus for Dinner (Reference wristbands for designated meal rotation time Hilltop Dining Center, Upper Campus)
Wednesday, Sept. 6: First day of fall semester. Classes begin!
- 6-10 p.m., Library After Dark, McIntyre Library, Lower Campus
Enjoy McIntyre Library’s welcome-to-campus event for all students. Score free Toppers Pizza, challenge your friends to nine holes of mini golf, chase others around the library in a laser-tag match and walk around a life-size version of a Clue board in full costume. There will also be a variety of video, board and card games, and live entertainment. Best of all … it’s all FREE!
Thursday, Sept. 7
- 4-7 p.m., The CookOUT, Horan Hall Backyard, Upper Campus
Join new and returning LGBTQA+ students and allies as we kick off the academic year! We know that coming to college can be intimidating all on its own, and even more so if you’re worried about finding people who are supportive and inclusive of the Queer community. Look no further! The CookOUT is designed to connect you to peers, faculty, staff and administrators who are passionate about creating a positive (and FUN!) environment for ALL students, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. So, come say hi! Join us for free food, free games and who knows what else!
Friday, Sept. 8
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Part-Time Job Fair, Dakota Ballroom, Davies Center
Looking for a job? Search Hire-a-Blugold to find a wide variety of positions.
- 5-7 p.m., UW Meets EC
Catch the bus outside of Towers Hall down to Phoenix Park for a walking tour of downtown Eau Claire. Many local businesses and organizations provide free samples, discounts, coupons, etc. Along the way, you’ll see jugglers, caricature artists, campus vocal groups and much more. You’ll make your way to Owen Park where a concert will be taking place. We suggest bringing money to purchase food or T-shirts that will be printed on site! You will walk back to campus from Owen Park, which is just across the street.
- 5 p.m., shuttles start at Towers Field
- Ongoing walking tour from Phoenix Park
- 7 p.m., music at Owen Park, Them Coulee Boys
- Return to campus on foot
Saturday, Sept. 9
- 8 a.m.-noon, Labor of Love Service Event
Sign up for the Labor of Love service day! This is a one-time commitment where first-year students and residence hall staff go out into the Eau Claire community to give back on their day off. This year, we’ll be cleaning the local parks and community from 8:30 a.m.-noon. Take this awesome opportunity to “pay forward” to your new home, meet new friends and have fun all at the same time. Register with your RA at your first wing meeting on Sept. 2. Be sure to check your email for your confirmation letter.
- 8-8:30 a.m., Check in at Towers Field
- 8:35 a.m., Departure by bus to various Eau Claire community locations
- Noon, Return to campus
- 4 p.m., Tailgate party at Carson Park
- 6 p.m., UWEC football vs. Wisconsin Lutheran
Join UWEC athletics for a free cookout, yard games and a whole lot of school pride at the tailgate party before cheering on the Blugold football team for their home opener. Shuttles will be running from Towers Hall to Carson Park starting at 5 p.m. and will run until 30 minutes after the game. Don’t miss our (always popular) Blugold Marching Band at halftime! Be sure to sport your blue and gold best, and make lots of noise!
- 8 p.m./Dusk. Outdoor Movie: "Wonder Woman." Towers Field, Upper Campus
Find your inner superhero and grab free popcorn to watch the newest blockbuster!
Sunday, Sept. 10
- 3-7 p.m., Packer Party, Kickoff at 3:25 p.m. The Lookout, Upper Campus
Tuesday, Sept. 12
- 5-10 p.m., McPhee Fun Night, McPhee Physical Education Center, Upper Campus
A fun and exciting way to learn your way around McPhee and EXPERIENCE RECREATION! As residence hall students, the more you participate, the more chances you earn for door prizes and for the annual residence hall trophy. Highlights of the night include:
- Wellness and Sport Clubs Fair from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Learn about the many ways to stay well and all the sport club opportunities.
- “Best of Eau Claire” Pizza Tasting contest opens at 6:30 p.m. to the first 300 students.
- Outdoor games, Vita Course, campfire, climbing wall with late night rave (9 p.m.), log rolling in the pool, battle ball soccer (in the bubble balls) group exercise classes, raffles and an ultimate prize package drawing!
Wednesday, Sept. 13
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Blu’s Orgs Bash, Central Campus Mall, Lower Campus (Rain Location: Davies Center ballrooms)
Come find your AND — Blu’s Organizations Bash will help you find the student organizations that will give you the best opportunities for friendship, involvement, leadership and job-related experience. This membership recruitment fair is a great way for you to learn more about the student organizations we have on campus. You can shop around, talk to members and even sign up for an organization while you’re there.
Thursday, Sept. 14
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Community Action Fair, Ojibwe Ballroom, Davies Center, Lower Campus
Community partners come to the Community Action Fair with the expectation of talking directly to students about the volunteer, service-learning, internship or job opportunities they have at their specific organizations. You can stop by anytime, as it is a come-and-go event.