Welcome to the Blugold family!
We understand that your student's orientation experience is really important to you, and so we have created many opportunities to learn, engage, and ask questions. During our hybrid experience this summer, you'll get the opportunity to chat with university staff members via live sessions, have your questions answered and concerns addressed, and connect with other parents and guests.
Blugold Preview Days for Student & Families (in-person, on-campus)
Why wait until the fall to come to campus? By attending Blugold Preview, you won’t have to! Although our advising and registration part of orientation is virtual this year, we want students and their families to have the opportunity to explore our awesome campus and connect early. During Blugold Preview, you can check out the bookstore and pick up your textbooks (most dates available), stop by Davies for lunch (provided!) and even tour your Residence Hall and the rest of our beautiful campus. Want more information? See our specific page here!
Currently, our registration online is full. We are happy to accommodate each of our incoming families whether that's in person or virtual, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Virtual Sessions available for Parents + Families
If you’re not ready to join us on campus just yet, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Blugold Preview will also be available virtually throughout July and August - designated as our Blugold Preview Virtual Series - so you can login for drop-in advising, live sessions and webinars, and other fun events!
Additionally, we'll be broadcasting our live sessions EACH Blugold Preview Day - almost like you're there with us! Check out the links to those sessions below, available on July 23, July 26, July 30, August 2, and August 6th at 10:00am, and again at 11:00am:
- Housing + Residence Life
- Click here to access the session | if prompted, include passcode #376512
- Blugold Central + Financial Aid
- Click here to access the session | if prompted, include passcode #004815
- Center for International Education + Study Abroad
- Click here to access the session | if prompted, include passcode #112668
- Student Experience Panel (run by students, designed for families!)
- Click here to access the session | if prompted, include passcode #594990
AND we have other upcoming sessions, too!
- Physical [AND] Mental Well-being at UWEC
- Healthy bodies and minds enhance the educational experience. Join us for a virtual live session July 28th at noon to learn how we can assist with this endeavor!
- July 28th, 2021 at 12:00pm CDT | Session Link will be provided here closer to the date.
- Student Resources and Organizations Panel
- Panel of current students talk about their experiences as leaders of student organizations on campus - and discuss how your student can get involved and why it is important.
- August 10th, 2021 at 6:00pm CDT | Session Link will be provided here closer to the date.
Finally - check out our ENTIRE Virtual Experience, by enrolling in our public Canvas Course for both students and families. Instructions on how to enroll in this course (you only have to do it once!) can be found here.
Previous Sessions: Throughout June, we were able to host a Parent + Family Panel with UWEC campus representatives (housing, dining, financial aid, etc.). Please see our recordings of each of these sessions below.
- Tuesday, June 8th, 2021 | Session Recording
- This session recording will expire September 28, 2021.
- Wednesday, June 16th, 2021 | Session Recording
- This session recording will expire October 6, 2021.
- Thursday, June 24th, 2021 | Session Recording
- This session recording will expire October 14, 2021. A note: due to technical difficulties, our welcome from Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management - Billy Felz - was not recorded. Please see that welcome in the other two recordings.
Additional Resources to Help your Student SUCCEED at UW-Eau Claire
Make sure your student completes their placement tests as early as possible. All students are required to take placement tests and need to complete them before their orientation date in order to ensure they’re able to register for classes effectively. More information regarding the process for completing placement exams is located on our student pages:
Additionally, click here for more information from our Testing Center.
As Blugolds, your students will be empowered and encouraged to find their authentic selves through academic exploration and immersion. Our Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs - Mike Carney - has created a series of videos to further illustrate this point, and how you can help your student succeed.
- Introduction to Academic Affairs
- The benefits of a Liberal Education
- The ins and outs of our Blugold Degree
- Outlining the Student Academic Experience
- What Parents can do to Support their Student
Apps for Blugolds
Navigate App: All first-year Blugolds are also strongly encouraged to download the Navigate Student app. Navigate Student is a personalized application designed to help your student adjust and excel during their first year in college. Navigate includes important reminders, to-dos, schedules and upcoming deadlines specific to your student.
The app is free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the App Store. Students should download the app as soon as possible, as important messages are communicated through the app throughout the year.
Join us on Facebook and connect with other Blugold families!
Our University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Parents and Families Facebook page is a virtual community where families can come together to share news and comments in a fun, engaging and informative space. It is also a safe space to ask questions about the enrollment process, residence life, financial aid, academics, etc. and to connect and interact with one another on experiences that college students are having while they are at their home away from home.
Understand Helpful Blugold Resources
Housing + Residence Life
Check out our virtual tours of the residence halls at UW-EC! Click on the hall page on the left to view each video.
Has your student downloaded the Handshake app yet? Used heavily by our Career Center and employer partners, Handshake allows students to explore work-study opportunities and part-time jobs, discover internships, apply for jobs, and read company reviews — all in one spot.
Student Health Services
Need help? We're here! Please email email@example.com and someone will get back to you shortly.