Welcome to the Blugold family!
We understand this day is really important for you, and therefore have created many opportunities online to learn, engage, and ask questions. You'll get the opportunity to chat with university staff members, have all of your questions answered and connect virtually with other parents and guests.
Hmong and Spanish Speaking families: We have two inclusion interns available during Orientation who would like to offer their assistance and help answering your questions. Grace is our Hmong-speaking inclusion intern and Maria is our Spanish-speaking inclusion intern. For accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (715) 836-5053.
Incoming Blugold Family Newsletter – subscribe now!
Check out our bi-weekly Incoming Blugold Family Newsletter for up-to-date information regarding New Student Orientation, upcoming events and webinars designed for our parents and guests, as well as helpful tips for your incoming Blugolds. Our first issue is available now! Click here to view, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list for future issues!
Help your student succeed at UW-Eau Claire
Make sure your student completes their placement tests as early as possible. All students are required to take placement tests and need to complete them before their orientation date in order to ensure they’re able to register for classes effectively. These are online, not proctored, and free of charge.
Placement tests are now available, and students can register for (using their campus credentials) and complete the exams here.
- More information regarding the process for completing placement exams is located on our student pages:
Additionally, click here for more information from our Testing Center.
Apps for Blugolds
All first-year Blugolds are strongly encouraged to download the Navigate Student app. Navigate Student is a personalized application designed to help your student adjust and excel during their first year at college. Navigate includes important reminders, to-dos, schedules and upcoming deadlines specific to your student.
The app is free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the App Store. Students should download the app as soon as possible, as important messages are communicated through the app throughout the summer.
Join us on Facebook and connect with other Blugold families!
Our University of Wisconsin-Eau Parents and Families Facebook page is a virtual community where families can come together to share news and comments in a fun, engaging and informative space. It is also a safe space to ask questions about the enrollment process, residence life, financial aid, academics, etc. and to connect and interact with one another on experiences that college students are having while they are at their home away from home.
Understand Helpful Blugold Resources
Each week, we’ll have different featured resources available for our Blugold families, revolving around important topics in your student’s life. Check out our various resources already available below!
Office of Academic Affairs
- This week’s feature: Welcome from the Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs
Housing and Residence Life
Check out our virtual tours of the residence halls at UW-Eau Claire! Click on the hall page on the left to view each video.
Attend our live Orientation sessions!
As we transition to this new virtual delivery of Orientation, we want to ensure you have multiple opportunities to learn alongside your student and have your questions and concerns addressed. That's why we’ve created activities and communications specific for parents and guests. You can also view the orientation schedule for your student here.
If you've already participated in an Orientation event, fill out this quick survey to give us your feedback!
- Parent + Guest Panel with UWEC Police, Counseling Services, Blugold Central (with financial aid), Student Health Services and the Office of Multicultural Affairs
- 12:15-1:00 pm CST | Monday-Friday from June 9-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 343 969 4230)
- Follow-up appointments with a Financial Aid Advisor. After you attend the parent panel, feel free to connect with a Financial Aid advisor to schedule a 1-on-1 meeting to further discuss financial concerns or additional questions. Appointment times will be available from 8:00 am-8:00 pm daily during June Orientation, and can be scheduled by reaching out via email at email@example.com or by phone at 715-836-3000.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) Virtual Drop-In Session
- 11:00am-12:00 pm CST | Monday-Friday from June 15-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 703 512 5477)
Housing + Residence Life: Live Session
- 1:00-2:00 pm CST | Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays from June 8-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 672 162 8792)
- Center for Writing Excellence: Drop-in Chats
- 9:00-11:00 am CST | Tuesday/Thursday from June 9-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 563 257 6411)
- Q&A Session with ROTC
- 11:30 am-12:00 pm CST | Tuesday/Thursday from June 9-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 259 910 1415)
- Student Employment with Career Services: Live Session
- 1:00-2:00 pm CST | Tuesdays/Thursdays from June 9-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 416 606 2727)
A Q(ueer) & A Session with the Gender & Sexuality Resource Center
- 11:00am-12:00 pm CST | Thursdays from June 15-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 611 547 9881)
- Going Global with Study Abroad: Live Session
- 3:00-4:00 pm CST | Thursdays from June 11-26
- Connect online at the scheduled time via this Live Session Link or dial in via phone: +1-571-392-7650 (PIN: 606 722 8372)
- Coffee & Conversation. A way to connect with other parents and UWEC staff to ask those important questions about your student’s journey at Eau Claire. Specific date/time TBD.
- Virtual Send-Offs. Regional events designed to connect parents and families from the same region before school begins. Specific date/time TBD.
Week of Welcome Activities
- Stay tuned – more information to come!
Need help? We're here! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you shortly.