Congratulations on being admitted to UW-Eau Claire! We are excited to officially welcome you to the Blugold family. This year, we’re prepared to provide the best hybrid orientation experience to help you learn all about life as a Blugold, meet with an academic advisor to plan out your first-semester schedule, and register for classes. This orientation is a required experience, and will host both virtual and optional in-person components.
Orientation Registration - have you signed up yet?
Registration for our Summer 2021 Orientation Experience is live! To register:
- Log in to MyBlugoldCamps using your UWEC credentials.
- Click on the “Self-service” link in the menu box in the upper left.
- Select “Admissions.”
- Choose “Orientation Registration” and check for your name at the top of the screen.
- Follow the steps to complete your registration.
I love being a Blugold because from the minute I started my freshman year, the Eau Claire campus felt like home! The professors here at UWEC want students to succeed, and I have felt supported and challenged to be the best student I can be. There are so many opportunities being a Blugold has to offer, and I have taken full advantage of them — studying abroad, becoming an RA, and volunteering as a campus ambassador.
1) Finish your new student checklist. Have you paid for your enrollment and housing deposits? Applied for financial aid? Filled out required forms? View your progress here.
2) Activate your UW-Eau Claire account. If you have not activated your UW-Eau Claire account, or need to reset your password, visit myusername.uwec.edu. You will need your username and Campus ID, which can be found in your admit letter or application acknowledgment email.
3) Register for your Virtual Day of Orientation. To register, follow the instructions listed at the top of the page.
4) Complete your placement tests. All students are required to take placement tests, and we currently have online options for testing; these online tests are not proctored. We strongly recommend students register using their UWEC email account, and you can complete that registration here.
- You will need to log in with your campus credentials to complete the registration form before taking the exam. Within two business days of registering (but more likely within a few minutes), you will receive an email from Scantron with a username and password for accessing the exams.
- All students are required to complete the Math and English tests, and if you have had two or more years of French, German or Spanish, take the placement exam for that language. Click here for more information regarding your placement test.
- Please note that it takes about one week for tests to be scored and sent to UW-Eau Claire. We highly recommend that you take them as soon as you can, to ensure you're able to register for your classes on time.
If you have questions about testing, would like to know more, or need accommodations, please contact email@example.com.
5) Continue to check your UWEC email. It's important to routinely check your UWEC email, as it is the main way faculty and staff will communicate with you. You can expect to receive information about move-in, upcoming campus events, ways to get prepared for the semester, and more.
Summer 2021 Orientation Experience
BEGINNING JUNE 1ST | Complete your Pre-Orientation Program Online (via Canvas). A part of your orientation experience will be hosted virtually through Canvas, UWEC’s primary educational platform. You will regularly use Canvas throughout your time at UWEC, so becoming familiar with the platform now will be helpful for you. This pre-orientation program must be completed before your scheduled date of Orientation.
- On June 1, 2021, you’ll receive an email (to your UWEC account) with more details on how to access your Canvas course to complete your pre-work.
- To complete this virtual pre-orientation program effectively, you’ll need to have access to wifi and a computer. While tablets and phones can also work, there are some platforms that we use that may not be as compatible with tablets/phones.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your technology access before and during orientation, please reach out to us as soon as possible for support. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you promptly with options to ensure a positive virtual experience.
JUNE 7TH - JULY 1ST | Complete your Advising Appointment on your Scheduled Date of Orientation (virtual). On your official date of orientation, you will access your virtual advising appointment with an Academic Advisor via Microsoft Teams. Advisors will be reaching out to students via email about a week prior to your date of orientation to schedule the appointment. On your scheduled date of orientation, you'll also have the opportunity to meet virtually with our Orientation Assistant staff, and attend a live session on getting involved. As timing may vary, we ask that students keep the entire day open if possible, to make it easier to attend these sessions.
JULY 9, 16, 23, 26, 30 and AUGUST 2 and 6 | Attend our Blugold Preview Experience (in-person). After your virtual day of orientation, we'll be offering both in-person and virtual components to our summer orientation experience in July and August - live sessions with campus partners, fun events put on by our student staff, housing tours, and the like - to help you acclimate to your new home. While these experiences are optional, we encourage you and your families to get connected early! Learn more about Blugold Preview.
IMPORTANT: Even if you choose not to participate in our Blugold Preview Days, you can still come to campus to grab your Blugold ID, textbooks, and anything else you need to be successful in your first term. Our campus is open to visitors throughout the summer!
SEPTEMBER | Participate in Blugold Welcome! Our Blugold Welcome program kicks off the academic year during fall semester move-in weekend with a variety of welcoming activities and several social get-togethers. More details to come!
Blugolds are constantly learning — in and out of the classroom — about themselves and the world around them. UW-Eau Claire helps you discover what you love to do and what defines you, then gives you the tools and opportunities to find a place in the world to make your mark.
Apps for Blugolds
UW-Eau Claire offers three free apps to all Blugolds, each offering unique benefits and helpful ways for you to stay connected.
Navigate Student | Navigate includes important reminders, to-do's, schedules and upcoming deadlines specific to you. It is also the primary way to schedule appointments with faculty and staff.
Blugold Connect | Blugold Connect helps you explore more than 230 UWEC student clubs, organizations and programs — and is your first step in getting involved and meeting other students that share your interests.
Handshake | Used heavily by our Career Center and employer partners, Handshake allows you to explore work-study opportunities and part-time jobs, discover internships, apply for jobs, and read company reviews — all in one spot.
Need help? We're here! Please email email@example.com and someone will get back to you shortly.