Congratulations on being admitted to UW-Eau Claire! We are excited to officially welcome you to the Blugold family. Orientation is for us to help you learn all about life as a Blugold, meet with an academic advisor to plan out your first-semester schedule, and register for classes.
NOTE: Level 1 and Level 2 Orientation Experiences are required for all incoming first-year students.
Level 1: Advising + Registration Meetings
On your date of orientation, you will access your virtual appointment with an Academic Advisor via Zoom. The evening prior to that date, you'll attend a required pre-advising meeting with our Orientation team. Our team will reach out to students via email three days prior to your date to confirm times and further details.
How to register for Level 1:
- Go to MyBlugoldCamps.
- Log in using your username and password created during the admission process when you activated your account. For help with your account, click here.
- After logging in, select the “Admissions" tile.
- Choose “Orientation Registration” and check for your name at the top of the screen.
- Follow the steps to complete your registration.
Level 2: Blugold Experience Days
Students and their families will be able to tour our beautiful campus and residence halls, attend a resource fair, chat with other staff and students, dine on campus, attend live sessions, check out places in the surrounding community, and much more! Registration is required, and you can click here for details.
How to register for Level 2:
- Select the date that works for you and register here.
- Fill out all necessary information.
- Click submit to confirm your registration.
- For frequently asked questions and more details, go to the Blugold Experience Days webpage.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our registration process, please contact us at email@example.com or 715-836-5053.
1. Finish your new student checklist.
Have you paid for your enrollment and housing deposits? Applied for financial aid? Filled out required forms? View your progress here.
2. Activate your UW-Eau Claire account.
If you have not activated your UW-Eau Claire account, or need to reset your password, visit myusername.uwec.edu. You will need your username and Campus ID, which can be found in your admit letter or application acknowledgment email.
3. Complete your placement tests.
All students are required to take placement tests, and we will have online options for testing this spring. These online tests are not proctored. We strongly recommend students register using their UWEC email account, and you can complete that registration here beginning March 15, 2022.
- You will need to log in with your campus credentials to complete the registration form before taking the exam. Within two business days of registering (but more likely within a few minutes), you will receive an email from Scantron with a username and password for accessing the exams.
- All students are required to complete the Math and English tests, and if you have had two or more years of French, German or Spanish, take the placement exam for that language. Click here for more information regarding your placement test.
- Please note that it takes about one week for tests to be scored and sent to UW-Eau Claire. We highly recommend that you take them as soon as you can, to ensure you're able to register for your classes on time.
If you have questions about testing, would like to know more, or need accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Complete your Academic Planning Questionnaire (APQ).
This form is crucial to the success of your advising appointment, as it helps our advising staff assess your academic preparedness and provide potential class selections. This questionnaire must be completed before your advising appointment on your scheduled orientation date. Complete your APQ now.
5. Continue to check your UWEC email.
It's important to routinely check your UWEC email, as it is the main way faculty and staff will communicate with you. You can expect to receive information about move-in, upcoming campus events, ways to get prepared for the semester, and more.
6. Complete your Pre-Orientation Program online (via Canvas).
A part of your orientation experience will be hosted virtually through Canvas, UWEC’s primary educational platform. You will regularly use Canvas throughout your time at UWEC, so becoming familiar with the platform now will be helpful for you. This pre-orientation program must be completed before your scheduled date of Orientation, and will become available on May 30, 2022.
Freshman Connection: 2-Day and 3-Day Programs
The Freshman Connection Immersion Program is designed to help first-year students make a smooth transition to college life while developing their confidence and leadership potential. Students experience what life is like on campus, meet other first-year students and become familiar with the campus, the residence halls, dining hall and our recreation facilities.
Group activities and engaging programs focus on personal development, academics, goal setting, and social network development. Students gain self-awareness, create lasting friendships, and develop a proactive approach to life as they prepare to begin their experience at UW-Eau Claire.
Interested? Register early, as spots are limited! Registration opens on April 4, 2022. Click here for more.
I love being a Blugold because from the minute I started my freshman year, the Eau Claire campus felt like home! The professors here at UWEC want students to succeed, and I have felt supported and challenged to be the best student I can be. There are so many opportunities being a Blugold has to offer, and I have taken full advantage of them — studying abroad, becoming an RA, and volunteering as a campus ambassador.
Apps for Blugolds
UW-Eau Claire offers free apps to all Blugolds, each offering unique benefits and helpful ways for you to stay connected.
Navigate Student | Navigate includes important reminders, to-do's, schedules and upcoming deadlines specific to you. It is also the primary way to schedule appointments with faculty and staff.
Handshake | Used heavily by our Career Center and employer partners, Handshake allows you to explore work-study opportunities and part-time jobs, discover internships, apply for jobs, and read company reviews — all in one spot.
Need help? We're here! Please email email@example.com and someone will get back to you shortly.