Hey there, Blugolds! We are so excited that you will be joining us at UW-Eau Claire! Until then, there will be plenty of opportunities to connect and get to know each other.
2022 Blugold Preview Days | January 28 (for incoming spring students)
Why wait until the the start of the semester to come to campus? By attending a Blugold Preview Day, you won’t have to! During Blugold Preview Days, students and their families can check out the bookstore and pick up textbooks, connect with academic staff and faculty, stop by Davies for lunch and even tour your Residence Hall and the rest of our beautiful campus.
All Blugold Preview Days have concluded for 2021 Summer Orientation experience, and those for the summer 2022 experience have not yet been determined. For students enrolling spring 2022, our Blugold Preview Day will be held on January 28, 2022. Watch your email for more!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Blugold Preview Days:
Am I able to come on campus another day if I can't make BGP?
Of course! Our campus is open to visitors throughout the year. Even if you choose not to participate in our Blugold Preview Days (with specific programming), you can still come to campus to grab your Blugold ID, textbooks, and anything else you need to be successful in your first term.
I've already registered, when will I hear more?
Registered participants will receive an email with information about the day's schedule, parking, check-in, and more prior to their scheduled Blugold Preview Day. If you have questions before this time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the general schedule look like?
Scheduled Activities (summer 2021 experience):
Check-in begins at 8:45am, and will be held throughout the day. Feel free to come at the time that works best for you, but note our programming below!
- Music Department Auditions (for those interested) | 8:00am-10:00am
- Campus Tours | 9:00am-1:00pm (leaves every 15 minutes)
- Campus Resource Fair | 9:00am-11:00am
- Live Sessions from Campus Partners | 10:00am-12:00pm
- Housing + Residence Life Session, Centennial Hall 1415 from 10-10:50am, and again from 11-11:50am.
- Financial Aid, Centennial Hall 1614 from 10-10:50am, and again from 11-11:50am.
- Study Abroad, Centennial Hall 1704 from 10-10:50am, and again from 11-11:50am.
- Student Experience Panel, Centennial Hall 1804 from 10-10:50am, and again from 11-11:50am.
- Recreation Center Tours | 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Academic Meet & Greet | 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Residence Hall Tours | 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Campus Partner Open Houses | 1:00pm-3:00pm
A la carte Activities:
- Students can grab their Blugold ID from the Blugold Card Office (open hours: 8:30am-3:00pm)
- Students and their families may use food vouchers to enjoy lunch in Davies Marketplace
- Students can pick-up their textbooks and Blugold gear at the Bookstore! (due to new vendor change, this may not be available on July 23 date)
- Students can join their future classmates and other Blugold families for some indoor/outdoor activities with Sports + Recreation. We'll have table tennis, billiards, water sport rentals, boulder wall, and more!
- Explore the beautiful city of Eau Claire with our self-guided downtown tour
- And so much more!
Is there a virtual option?
Last year, we created an entire virtual experience for our incoming Blugolds and their families via Canvas, an online learning platform. Stay tuned for how we'll plan to engage virtually in Summer 2022.
I love UW-Eau Claire. The campus is beautiful and full of life — with not only students but wildlife, too! It is a campus that allows me to be entirely myself and feel comfortable doing so.