Hey there, Blugolds! We are so excited that you will be joining us at UW-Eau Claire. Welcome to Wisconsin's most BEAUTIFUL campus!
Blugold Experience Day for Spring Admits | January 26, 2024
During Blugold Experience Days, students and their guests can tour our beautiful campus and residence halls, connect with staff, faculty, and other Blugolds, dine on campus, attend a live resource fair and other sessions, check out places in the community, and much more! Programming is subject to change by semester, and registration is required.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Blugold Experience Days:
How do I register for Blugold Experience Day?
Please note that registration for our upcoming Blugold Experience Day (January 26) will open on November 7, 2023.
On or after November 7, spring admits may register using the instructions below:
- Go to MyBlugoldCamps.
- Log in using your username and password created during the admission process when you activated your account.
- After logging in, select the “Admissions" tile.
- Choose “Blugold Experience Day” and check for your name at the top of the screen.
- Follow the steps to complete your registration.
I've already attended an Admitted Day at UW-Eau Claire. Do I need to attend BGE?
Yes! These are two different programs - Admitted Day is hosted through our Admissions office.
Blugold Experience Days are a crucial part of the orientation experience, and they provide opportunities for students and families to explore our beautiful campus, engage more directly with Academic staff and faculty, build deeper relationships with other Blugolds, get some cool UWEC swag, pick up your textbooks ahead of your first semester (and beat the lines!), and essentially check out your new home with a different lens (touring the spaces you'll be attending class, connecting with your roommate in person, attending live sessions, etc.). You can also tour the city you're living in with one of our downtown tour trolleys!
We can't wait to see you here!
Am I able to come on campus another day if I can't make BGE?
Blugold Experience Days are a crucial part of your New Student Orientation Experience. If you are unable to make BGE for any reason, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-5053, and we'll be happy to discuss your schedule!
I've already registered, when will I hear more?
Registered participants will receive a confirmation email immediately following registration with more information. Those participants will also receive a reminder emails with details on the day's schedule, parking, check-in, and more prior to their scheduled Blugold Experience Day. If you have questions before this time, please contact email@example.com.
What does the schedule look like?
Although subject to variations year to year, below you'll find a listing of anticipated activities for each Blugold Experience Day. Participants who've registered will get a more detailed schedule in their email closer to the date!
General Schedule for BGE Days (schedule subject to change)
- Check-in + continental breakfast
- Free UWEC swag
- Welcome program
- Faculty presentations on UW-Eau Claire and the Academic Experience
- Housing tours
- Campus tours (+ individualized classroom tours)
- Current student panels
- Opportunities to connect with other incoming Blugolds
- Free lunch on campus
- Campus department resource fair
- Presentations on study abroad and research - two high impact practices you'll engage in as a student!
- Opportunities to pick up your textbooks and secure your mobile ID
- Live sessions for guests on positive partnerships with the university, and supporting our Blugold students
- Optional activities such as outdoor yard games (summer sessions), free UWEC Cabaret concert tickets (winter sessions), trolley tours to downtown Eau Claire, and more!
Are there recommended accommodations if we want to stay the night?
We partner with several local hotels to offer discounted rates for families visiting UW-Eau Claire. You can find the hotels listed here under the Eau Claire Hotel Accommodations. All you will have to do is find the hotel from the list that works best for you and your family and give them a call to find out what the discount rates are. If you have any questions or concerns about your travel plans, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I love UW-Eau Claire. The campus is beautiful and full of life — with not only students but wildlife, too! It is a campus that allows me to be entirely myself and feel comfortable doing so.