CETL supports all faculty and instructional academic staff from all disciplines and career stages in the development of inclusive, student-centered environments. We encourage evidence-based teaching and assessment strategies with the goal of actively engaging students in their own learning.
CETL staff curate resources that provide the most up-to-date information for your teaching needs. We encourage you to consider these options when deciding how we can best assist you.
1. Contact CETL@uwec.edu for an in-person or virtual consultation to focus on your specific situation and hear how others in the teaching community are thinking about your topic. We can answer your question or offer options for you to consider that work for you and your students.
2. Check out the Innovations page for information new to you, new to some, or new to all of us.
3. Take a Teaching Boost course. These online, asynchronous courses are designed to be completed in 2-4 hours. A certificate is awarded upon completion of each course.
4. Search recommended Teaching Resources, which cover assessment and evaluation, inclusion and accessibility, instructional technology, and student learning and engagement.
6. Pick up a book from the CETL bookshelf for current topics in education, categorized for your convenience.
Teaching Boost Courses
- Academic Integrity
- Having Better Discussions
- Facilitating Learning Online
- Course Redesign Series:
- Accessibility for All
- Canvas Organization
- Revisions to Enhance Learning
Engaged Learning in the Second Semester Course
Get Started with Video Creation (Basic)
Innovative and Science based teaching strategies and resources.
Focuses on the science of learning, evidence tased teaching strategies and free practice guides.
Free newsletters, podcasts, and special reports written for faculty by faculty.
Instructional videos, books, articles, and resources for teaching online, on-site, or hybrid. Free teaching techniques are focused on helping your students learn and retain new knowledge and skills.
- Teaching in Higher Ed- https://teachinginhighered.com/episodes/
A podcast that explores the art and science of being more effective at facilitating learning.
- Tea for Teaching- https://teaforteaching.com/
A series of informal discussions of innovative and effective practices in teaching and learning.
- Lecture Breakers- https://barbihoneycutt.com/pages/lecture-breakers-podcast-landing-page
A podcast where educators share innovative teaching strategies to help you break up your lecture, energize your classroom, increase student engagement, and improve learning.