The Wisconsin Teaching Fellows & Scholars program offers UW faculty and teaching academic staff an opportunity to collaborate with other exceptional teachers from across the UW System and from various disciplines. Through this program you will discuss illuminating works from pedagogical literature and complete a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) project with input from fellow participants and the program co-directors.
UW-Eau Claire will be nominating two candidates; one early-career educator for the Fellow position and one later-career educator for the Scholar position.
Participants develop a Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) project with support from the program during the summer of 2020 and the 2020-21 academic year.
- Attendance at four OPID-sponsored events throughout the year required:
- Faculty College – May 26-29, 2020 – The Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake
- Summer Institute – June 8-12, 2020– Madison Concourse Hotel
- Winter Institute – January 11-12, 2021 – Madison Concourse Hotel
- Final meeting & Spring Conference on Teaching & Learning – April 14-16, 2021,
Memorial Union, Madison
- Consultation and recording of SoTL project's progress throughout the program year
- Submission of SoTL project abstract to UW System
UW-Eau Claire Requirements:
- Present at a fall presentation during the call for applications
- Present during the fall of 2021 with your completed project
- Share your poster with CETL to display during the 2021-2022 year
Each participant will receive $4,000 summer stipend in financial support from their institution and a $500 Supplies & Expense grant from OPID.
Please see the documents below for more information about the WTF&S program and to access the WTF&S application form. You do not need to complete a budget form at the time of application. Complete and submit the application to CETL, VLL 1142, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org by November 22, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
For additional information, please contact Angie Stombaugh, email@example.com or 836-4500.