Making a major decision
Many students come to college considering a variety of majors, and others begin to discover new areas of interest once they start taking classes. If you've discovered you have several majors in mind, we can help you learn how to narrow down your options.
A great way to compare and contrast the majors in which you are interested is to use the Explore Majors worksheet. You can find answers to the questions on this worksheet by:
- Reading the UW-Eau Claire catalogue
- Exploring the departments' Web sites
- Reviewing the What Can I do with a Major in handouts
- Visiting the Career Discovery Center in Career Services
- Conducting informational interviews with other students, faculty and people who graduated with that major.
- Attending Explore Your Possibilities Week in October.
- Exploring the student organizations related to the majors you are investigating.