Career Services can help students with career planning including finding internships and jobs, creating resumes and cover letters, personal branding, interviewing and salary negotiation. We work closely with employers to develop internships and full-time opportunities for UW-Eau Claire students and alumni.
Meet with a career counselor to:
- identify occupations and internship possibilities
- get assistance with the job and internship search
- learn how to evaluate and negotiate job offers
- discuss career fair and networking event preparation
Get assistance with the job search
Handshake is a powerful tool to find on campus and part-time jobs, internships and full-time opportunities! Whether you are a student looking for a job, an employer needing to fill a position, or an alumni seeking a new career path or needing resume advice, Handshake is the place to get started. Log in today.
Fall 2023 career events
Fall 2023 career events will be in-person. Event information is available via Handshake.
- Career Fair Spruce Up - Tuesday, September 26, 12pm-4pm Maple Lounge, First Floor Davies Center
- Accounting and Finance Career Fair - Wednesday, September 27, 3pm-5pm, Third Floor Davies Center
- STEM Career Meetup - Wednesday, September 27, 5pm-7pm, Dulany Inn, First Floor Davies Center
- Computer Science Breakfast - Thursday, September 28, 7:30am-10am, Ho-Chunk and Menominee Rooms, Third Floor Davies Center
- All Majors Career Fair - Thursday, September 28, 10am-2pm, Ojibwe and Dakota Ballrooms, Third Floor Davies Center
- Career Fair Tours are available to all interested students at 10am, 11am, 12pm, and 1pm
- 2023 MN Government & Nonprofit Career Fair - Friday, November 3, 10am-1pm, University of Minnesota
- Mock Interview Day - Monday, November 13, 10am-1pm, Third Floor Davies Center
Thank you to our event sponsors!
- Accounting and Finance Career Fair - Gold: Baker Tilly, Bauman Associates Ltd, Nohre & Co., S.C., Performance Food Group, and SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C.
- All Majors Career Fair - Gold: Aspirus, Inc., Church Mutual, Enterprise Holdings, Fastenal Company, Hospital Sisters Health System, Menard Inc., Northwestern Mutual-Fleisner Group, and Solutia Consulting - Silver: Northside Elevator and Uline - Bronze: ALDI Inc., Essentia Health, Jamf, and State of Wisconsin Department of Corrections
Blugolds CAN (Career Alumni Network)
Are you curious about jobs that Blugold graduates have landed since crossing the commencement stage? We are too, so we've collected some examples in a database you can search by major. You can even connect with them and ask them about life after UW-Eau Claire.
The Career Services office makes it easy for employers to recruit, interview students, and hire Blugolds. Post jobs and internships in Handshake, attend career fairs, and schedule interview days.
Find out how to hire a Blugold
First Destination Report
Each year the University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire Career Services office conducts a first destination survey of graduates receiving degrees in order to obtain information on their career plans after graduation, also known as First Destination Career Outcomes.
Past Reports and Infographs