Cross-functional teams in LTS conjoin IT work with operational functions like security, EDI, project management, and more. These teams provide specialized focus to improve your IT experience at UWEC.
Technology + Communications
The LTS Communication team is led by Caitlin Hites. This team works closely with LTS staff to craft and deliver technology related communication like changes, updates, and other technology news.
To be the voice of technology on campus.
To bring engaging, effective, and explicit communication to LTS stakeholders.
Communication Team Goals
- For every Blugold to know what LTS is
- Establish unquestionable value to university strategic goals and initiatives
- To build a technology conscious student body
- Present LTS as a premier campus employer for students with valuable experiential learning opportunities
- Establish a positive reputation
- Emphasize the importance of people within our organization, and how LTS builds dynamic, responsive, and innovative skill sets
Technology + Security
Led by Steve Ranis, this team focuses on bringing the best and most up-to-date cybersecurity practices to campus. Working closely with UW System, this group implements campus-wide cybersecurity initiatives. In addition, the Cybersecurity group works with campus stakeholders to complete security trainings, promotes/educates on safe cybersecurity practices, and more.
LTS Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Team
Technology + EDI
In support of the University's strategic plan, and in putting action to LTS's commitment to EDI, this team identifies various areas and opportunities for EDI improvement within LTS for both students and staff. While the projects and leadership in this team are variable, this team is currently led by Caitlin Hites. The team's current project is focused on improving LTS hiring practices with EDI in mind.
To create an EDI conscious IT Department that values and acknowledges differences as assets.
To implement EDI best practices throughout our department.
LTS EDI Team Goals
- Improve LTS hiring practices with EDI in mind
- Solicit EDI-related feedback from LTS staff and students
- Seek additional opportunities to implement EDI practices
- Voice our unwavering support for the EDI initiative
- Serve as an example for EDI best practices in an IT Department
Project Management Office (PMO)
Technology + Project Management
Led by Tom Sulzer, the PMO office offers project management best practices to LTS initiatives to ensure successful launches and limited impact on campus stakeholders. This group coordinates with all other groups within LTS to develop project charters, processes and change management tactics.
To work cooperatively with departments to achieve a best possible outcome for all projects no matter the size.
To provide best practice-based Project Management tools, templates, and guidance to increase project success through a "best-fit" approach.
Women + in Technology
Technology + Women and gender minorities
Women+ in Technology is a joint and collaborative effort to provide a platform for all women working in technology to meet, share resources and forge connections. This group invites women in technology who are faculty/staff, student employees, and women members of student led technology organizations. This group is coordinated by Sherrie Miles and Caitlin Hites.
We empower, inspire, and support each other to grow together.
To provide a platform for a living knowledge base, inclusiveness, networking, mentoring, and empowerment.
Women + in Technology Objectives
- Highlight accomplishments of the profession
- Integrate and include all women working in and/or pursuing degrees/careers in technology
- Share and synthesize insights
- Connect to campus resources, and subject-matter-experts
- Learn through lectures, workshops, and networking in a shared setting
- Highlight efficient and effective practices