Welcome to the ASK Center!
Deadline Dates for FY-19 Purchasing
Fiscal Year 2018-2019 cutoff dates must be observed for the following documents to allow sufficient processing time in Purchasing/University Accounting/Accounts Payable/Firstsource Travel to meet SFS deadlines:
Deadline Dates for FY-19 PURCHASING
All requisitions should be submitted using the e-form requisitions. (Exception: Facilities Management Staff)
- Requisitions totaling $5,000 to $49,999 that require a bid process must be received in Purchasing by Monday, May 6, 2019.
- Requisitions totaling up to $5,000 and any dollar amount not requiring a bid process must be submitted to Purchasing by Friday, May 10, 2019. To assist us with the volume of Purchase Order processing at year-end, please use a Pcard for purchases under $5,000.
- Important: No purchase orders for FY19 will be processed in the month of June. There will be no exception to this.
All of the above dates should be considered when submitting a computer, printer or software request. Please allow ample time for LTS Consulting to provide you the necessary information for your requests.
- The procurement card and travel procurement card billing period ending June 28, 2019 will be the last billing charged to Fiscal Year 19 budgets. You will receive your individual cardholder statements about a week later as usual. For budgetary reasons, consider the June 28th date when using your card (Pcard/PTcard charges have to be posted by the vendor by June 28th).
- Shop@UW – All purchases made through Shop@UW must be placed by the end of business day on June 14th 2019, to ensure that the charges are applied to FY19 funding. Please keep in mind that even if orders are placed by June 14th, they could be billed to FY20 depending on the product receipt date and potential back order status. Look for additional information on the Shop@UW website https://shopuw.wisc.edu/are-you-prepared-for-fiscal-year-end-2019/ .
These dates apply to all requests for permanent property, supplies, services and printing, and to all funding sources including gifts, grants, etc.
Requisitions labeled FY-19 will continue to be accepted after the deadline dates. They will be processed on a first come, first served basis as time permits. We cannot guarantee the issuance of a purchase order for fiscal year 2018-2019 on requisitions received after the deadline dates. If you have any questions or special situations, call Purchasing at 36-5171.
For Facilities Purchasing Questions and deadlines contact Brian Vaver, 36-3600, email@example.com.
If you submit requisitions for fiscal year 2019-2020 prior to July 1, please indicate FY-19 on the requisition form.
- Blanket Purchase Order (BPO) requests for the upcoming Fiscal Year (FY20) must be submitted by Purchase Requistion eForm by 5/20/19. BPOs are typically used for recurring purchases over the course of the fiscal year when the orders, dollar amounts, or quantities may change over time. Common examples include bulk mailing services (L & M Mail Services) or copier use/maintenance (EO Johnson Co.)
If you believe you need a BPO for FY20, please complete the Purchase Requisition eForm. Choose the “Standard Purchasing” option and fill in the appropriate fields (funding string, amount you anticipate spending for FY20, the vendor, contact, and a description of what you are purchasing.) A few important points to remember when doing this:
• Include “blanket purchase order for FY20” in the description.
• If you know the PO Number of your prior BPO, please include that in the description also.
• If the amount you are requesting is more than $5,000, this should pertain to contracted vendors, only.
• If you need help filling out the eform, please contact the ASK Center (phone at 36-3131, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at Schofield 230) and you will be directed to someone who will walk you through the process.
• If you are unsure of whether you have a BPO to renew, the prior BPO number, the funding string you used in the past, how much you spent using a BPO in this fiscal year, or whether you need a BPO for FY20, please contact Amanda Brummond in Accounts Payable at email@example.com or by phone at 36-4529.
• If you are unsure about whether an order of more than $5,000 with a single vendor is authorized, please contact Purchasing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 36-5171.
*Please note that this new process DOES NOT INCLUDE facilities/maintenance orders or Printing requests. Facilities/maintenance orders, should continue to go through Facilities Management (email@example.com or 36-5645). Print purchasing should still be directed to Printing Services.
Deadline Dates for FY-19 UNIVERSITY ACCOUNTING
- Expense/Revenue Transfers must be received in ASK-Center by 4:30PM on Friday, June 14, 2019 to be charged to FY19 budgets.
- If you have any questions, please contact Kiana Killinger, 36-4073, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline Dates for FY-19 ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- All Invoices (Library/Facilities/Direct Pay/PIRs/etc.) must be received in ASK-Center by 4:30PM on Friday, June 14, 2019 to be charged to FY19 budgets.
- Check Cancels, Voids, or Stop Payments will not be processed after Thursday, June 20, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Accounts Payable, email@example.com.
Deadline Dates for FY-19 FIRSTSOURCE TRAVEL
- Any Travel Expense Reimbursements (TERs) for Fiscal Year 2019 must be approved and submitted to UW System Expense Auditing by June 15, 2019 in order to be applied to FY19 budgets.
If you have an outstanding TER that has not been submitted or approved and you need assistance with it, please contact the ASK Center Firstsource Support Team at 36-3131. We can help you get your travel dollars moving!
The Administrative Support and Knowledge Center falls under the direction of Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration John Haven, III. Our Center is here to serve our faculty, staff and student employees across campus with their administration needs.
The Firstsource Support Team is responsible for answering all incoming phone calls and emails for the ASK Center's main contacts. If you have questions about forms, procedures or anything regarding your employment here — let us help you. Just ASK.