Skip to main content

Apply for reduced tuition as a Minnesota resident

If you are a Minnesota resident you may be eligible for tuition reciprocity at UWEC. Reciprocity is a benefit for residents of Minnesota, attending a Wisconsin school, to pay tuition and fees comparable to in-state students. You must apply for reciprocity through the Minnesota Office of Higher Education. The sooner you apply, the sooner adjustments can be made to your account. Follow the steps below to apply.

Step 1

Apply for reciprocity on the Minnesota Office of Higher Education website.

Step 2

You will receive a response shortly after, either by email or mail from the Minnesota Office of Higher Education, about whether you are eligible for reciprocity.

Note: You can apply for reciprocity up until the last day of classes during the semester. Once applied for, reciprocity renews annually and automatically until graduation.
If you take more than one semester off of school, you must reapply.
If you are transferring to UWEC and applied for reciprocity at a different Wisconsin school, you must notify Minnesota Office of Higher Education in order to have your reciprocity benefits transferred to UWEC.


We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message