Skip to main content

Next steps for receiving your financial aid

You have received a financial aid award notification - now what? We have additional information here to help you understand your financial aid award, along with the next steps you need to take once you decide what portions of your award you plan to accept or decline.

Understanding your award

You will be notified when your financial aid award is ready to view in CampS. There are different types of aid with different responsibilities around each of them. To help you make the best decision for yourself, we want to make sure you understand each of the different types of aid.

Learn about types of aid

Accepting/Declining your award

Now that you understand the types of aid being offered, you can confidently accept or decline portions of your award. Follow these steps to complete the process of accepting and declining your award.

Find out how to accept or decline your award

Appealing your award

The UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office has established an appeal process to allow for a possible recalculation of financial need based on special or unusual circumstances. Although not all changes in circumstance will result in an adjustment to your financial aid eligibility, if you are interested in pursuing an appeal, please complete and submit an Appeal Request Form. Parent or student may complete and submit the form. 

Also, please be aware, the student must file a current year FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) before an appeal may be processed. And so, please make sure this step has been completed before submitting the Appeal Request to Blugold Central.

Appeal Request Form

Completing entrance counseling and promissory notes

If you accepted loans with your financial aid award, you will need to sign promissory notes and complete entrance counseling before you will be able to use these aid funds. There are separate steps that need to be taken with direct loans, so make sure you complete the appropriate ones.

View direct loan MPN and entrance counseling

Setting up direct deposit

You have the opportunity to register to have your financial aid refund direct deposited into your account. It is fast, convenient and easy. 

Learn how to set up direct deposit

Understanding Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements

Students must maintain all components of satisfactory academic progress in order to receive financial aid.

View SAP requirements

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message