With so many motivated student and faculty researchers at UW-Eau Claire, a committee was assembled to review and prioritize project proposals for collaboration with Mayo Clinic Health System researchers. The Research Innovation Council has six individuals equally representing UWEC and Mayo Clinic Health System personnel. This group evaluates all research proposals, oversees the funding provided by the research agreement, aids in fostering collaborations between UWEC faculty and Mayo Clinic Health System physicians and mentors project applicants through the proposal process.
The work done by the Research Innovation Council ensures these projects will be successful and remains focused on making advances in patient care.
Research Innovation Council Members
From Mayo Clinic Health System
- Tim Nelson, M.D.*
- Director of Research and Innovation for Mayo Clinic Health System in Northwest Wisconsin
- Andy Calvin, M.D., M.P.H
- Cardiology, Vascular Medicine
- Heidi Lindroth, Ph.D., RN
- Nurse Scientist
- Jim Manz, M.D.
- Spine and Neurology Surgery
- Joseph Wildenberg, M.D., Ph.D.
- Radiology and Imaging, Vascular Medicine
- Brodie Marthaler, M.C.
From UW-Eau Claire
- Mike Carney, Ph.D.*
- Assistant Chancellor for Strategic Partnerships and Program Development
- Julie Anderson, Ph.D.
- Professor of Biology and Director of the Health Careers Center
- Carmen Manning, Ph.D.
- Dean of the College of Education and Human Sciences
- Tim Vaughan, Ph.D.
- Professor in the College of Business
- Erica Benson, Ph.D.
- Director of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Sonia Meiers, Ph.D, AGCNS-BC, FAAN