Thirteen business students were initiated into the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the international honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The annual initiation was held Saturday, April 2 on the UW-Eau Claire campus.
The initiation was conducted by BGS faculty co-advisors, Dr. Kristy Lauver, department chair of management and marketing, and Dr. Dan Gullifor, professor of management. Emilie Allen, BGS student chapter president, and James Hinrichsen, BGS student chapter vice-president, also assisted with the initiation.
Dr. Scott Lester, professor of management, was named the 2022 Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Dr. Brewer Doran, dean of the College of Business, received Recognition of Honorary Initiate.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon students at AACSB International accredited business schools. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for an invitation, undergraduates must be in the upper 10 percent of their class, and graduate students must be in the upper 20 percent of their class.
2022 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Samuel Benavides, management and operations/supply chain management
- Mary Bolog, business administration
- Isabel Strand, accounting
- Kaleigh Waldvogel, marketing
- Madison Yuza, marketing
- David Antoine, accounting and finance
- Grant Brotherton, management and operations/supply chain management
- Gia Decker, marketing analytics
- Isabella Swanson, finance
- Kallie Talford, management and operations/supply chain management
- Natalie Doran, accounting and finance
- Charlie Waterhouse, management
- Kimberly Butler, master of business administration