The following message was emailed to all UW-Eau Claire faculty and staff.
Dear UW-Eau Claire faculty and staff on all campuses,
I am happy to inform you that we will be reinstating the Blugold Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program for undergraduate courses in 2023, an exciting opportunity for our dedicated and valued employees to advance their own education at one of our UW-Eau Claire campuses. Furthering the professional or personal learning goals of our employees is an investment our university proudly supports.
Some specific process details still are being fine-tuned, but we want to make the basic information available so you can make plans for the upcoming semester. Details and access to the registration, payment and reimbursement processes will be provided in January, so watch for more updates in the coming weeks. Tuition reimbursement will be available for the upcoming spring semester; you can view the course catalog here.
Here is what you should know now:
- The registration timeline will be announced in January, for spring semester registration in late January. Applications will be accepted only for courses with seats remaining near the end of the student registration window.
- In a change from the 2020 offering of waivers, eligible employees may now take up to two undergraduate courses per academic term that qualify for reimbursement.
- All tuition and fees must be paid by the employee up front and paid in full by the end of the course to qualify for reimbursement.
- A course grade of C or better must be earned in order to receive reimbursement.
- Any classes that take place during the workday must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Courses need not be degree-seeking or job-related in a specific way — courses of personal interest will be approved.
We look forward to sharing final details about the Blugold Employee Tuition Reimbursement Program and the steps you can follow to pursue your career or personal interests in classes from our exceptional faculty alongside our amazing Blugold students.
Grace Crickette, vice chancellor for finance & administration