The UW-Eau Claire Business Communication program awarded Lorraine Missling Business Communication Scholarships to the following students:
- Wyatt Anklam, a senior accounting and finance major from Wausau, WI.
- Megan Baier, a sophomore operations and supply chain management from Durand, WI.
- Emma Bast, a junior management major from Oconomowoc, WI.
- Lucy Chapman, a senior accounting major from Waukesha, WI.
- Ian Hanson, a junior business administration major from Waukesha, WI.
- Ryan Jandernoa, a junior marketing-professional sales major from Woodstock, IL.
- Carter Morrissette, a sophomore finance major from Maple Grove, MN.
- Pa Jai Moua, a sophomore finance major from Woodbury, MN.
- Beth Nelson, a junior marketing major from Cannon Falls, MN.
- Grant Shaffer, a junior finance major from Farmington, MN.
- Trynne Thommesen, a freshman finance and economics major from Altoona, WI.
- Bobby Valiska, a sophomore information systems major from New Lenox, IL.
The Lorraine Missling Business Communication scholarships are split between the recipients deemed most worthy by the business communications faculty. Recipients must be enrolled at UW-Eau Claire and are chosen based on their performance in business writing, business presentations, and business communications classes. Each student will receive a $500 scholarship.
Dr. Lorraine Missling, emerita professor of business education, came to UWEC in 1965. She received the UWEC Excellence in Teaching Award in 1976 and 1987. A scholarship and conference room were established in her honor.