As a UW-Eau Claire Parent & Family Ambassador, you could be engaged in programming, highlight your experience as a Blugold parent/family member and stay up-to-date on all of the most important issues impacting students at UW-Eau Claire. Ambassadors will have opportunities to interact with leaders from UWEC as well as local leaders. Through programming and staff guidance, Ambassadors will learn unique ways to serve as key influencers to prospective, incoming, and current Blugold Families.
Ambassadors can expect to be invited to calls with university staff, find volunteer opportunities in and around their communities, and be invited to on-campus events throughout the year to meet with fellow ambassadors, students and leaders from UW-Eau Claire. Plus, ambassadors will receive items to help them be the best advocates for UW-Eau Claire that they can be!
"It is an honor to serve UWEC as a Parent and Family Ambassador. Living three hours away, I enjoy connecting online with other Ambassadors to learn about the latest campus happenings, family events, and volunteer opportunities. But, spending time on campus meeting both current and future Blugold families reconfirms that my daughters made an excellent choice to attend UWEC as music education majors."
- Dr. Julie Ann Gensburg-Sawall, Parent & Family Ambassador since 2022
Applications for the 2024-25 cohort are now OPEN! Apply TODAY to become a Parent and Family Ambassador!
- Parent or family member of a current or recently graduated (graduation within two years of current academic year) Blugold student
- Parent or family member of a returning (sophomore or older) student
- A desire to positively impact the student experience at UW-Eau Claire
Blugold Parent & Family Ambassadors serve one-year terms. Individuals can re-apply at the end of their term to serve additional terms, so long as they meet the program eligibility.
- Opportunities to assist at regional or local events to provide key insight into the life of a Blugold
- Attend occasional virtual calls to learn about key campus updates with university leaders
- Communicate with other parent and family members about your experiences as a Blugold parent or family member
- Attend an on-campus luncheon with university leaders
- Up-to-date information on campus matters
- A chance to help other Blugold parent and family members learn about UW-Eau Claire
- Items to help you best represent UW-Eau Claire while you're out and about!
Like Paige says below, UWEC is a family affair for so many of us. We are so excited to have you join the Blugold Family, and thank you for your interest in the Parent & Family Ambassador Program!
Four of us from my family all are or soon to be graduates from UWEC. My grandma, my mom and my sister all say the beauty of this campus, and the sense of inclusion through each of our experiences here, is why this campus means so much to my family.
If you have specific questions about the Blugold Parent & Family Ambassador Program, please reach out to Josh Bach-Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.