On May 20th, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business management faculty and staff honored graduating students for their scholarship, leadership, and community service by awarding the Outstanding Management Student and Distinguished Management Student awards.
Preston Krautkramer, a finance and operation/supply chain management double major from Marathon, WI, was named the 2022 Outstanding Management Student.
The eight “Distinguished Award” winners, also very deserving of being recognized, each received one first-place vote from the management faculty and academic staff. Congratulations to the following students:
- Emilie Allen, management major from Union Grove, WI
- Megan Baier, operations/supply chain management major from Durand, WI
- Shae Baier, information systems and operations/supply chain management double major from Durand, WI
- Dakota Bokath, operations/supply chain management major from Medford, WI
- Whitley Falter, human resource major from Eau Claire, WI
- Emma Popke, human resource major from Green Bay, WI
- Skylar Sandin, human resource major from Andover, MN
- Danielle Slominski, operations/supply chain management major from Becker, MN
To be considered for the Outstanding Management Major Award, students had to earn a 3.5 GPA or higher and also excel outside of the classroom. Management faculty and academic staff reviewed the qualifications of 120 students based on initial nominations and reviewed each student's accomplishments. In addition to looking at engagement in the classroom, the group also took into account internships, study abroad experiences, leadership roles, student organization involvement, and community service.
Overall, these nine students were deemed to be extremely well-rounded and wonderful representatives of the College of Business and the management and marketing department.
For more information about the award, contact Dr. Scott Lester, professor of management and marketing.