Check out our Service-Learning Fellowships and Scholarships! There are awards, fellowships and scholarships available for helping communities locally and internationally. Read the descriptions below to see if any fit your project!
Fellowships + Scholarships:
Ryan Prechel Community Service Fellowship
- The fellowship shall be awarded to a UW-Eau Claire student or group of students who have a specific community service activity they wish to complete.
- The community service activity must directly impact the lives of those served and have a specific purpose and timeline.
- The fellowship may be used by one student for one specific activity or by a group of students participating in any of the organized service activities sponsored by the University, such as Winter Break Alternative, Summer Service Fellowship or other such programs.
- The project must be articulated through a plan of action in terms of the activity, any arrangements that have been made, the target audience of the service and the anticipated outcome.
- The fellowship award must be used to fulfill the service learning aspect on items such as supplies, materials, resources directly used in providing service to the target population and nominal travel and lodging expenses if the service activity is located outside the greater Chippewa Valley.
- The recipient(s) shall receive half of the grant at the outset of the activity and the other half when they complete the project and provide a report on the impact of their service activity.
Sally A. Webb International Service Fellowship
- One annual award will be made to an outstanding UW-Eau Claire student seeking to complete a service project in an international setting—either through one of the university’s approved international study abroad sites or in a specific international setting.
- The service component must be articulated through a plan of action in terms of the activity, any arrangements that have been made, the target audience of the service and the anticipated outcome.
- A portion of the award may be used to cover routine expenses associated with the international study abroad experience or international travel and a portion of the award also must be used to fulfill the service learning aspect. This may include, but not be limited to, supplies, materials and resources directly used in providing service to the target population.
- The recipient shall receive half the grant as they are preparing to leave on their trip and the other half when they return and provides a written report on the success of their trip and the results of their service activity.
Schadeberg Family Scholarship
- This scholarship is available to students who have financial need and show a true desire to give back to their community through volunteer work or community services.
- All service learning projects and volunteering involvement is acceptable, but the intent of the scholarship is to encourage applicants who are involved in volunteering and/or community service with the intent of helping others, not just 'padding their resume'.
Gale Crouse Scholarship for French Students
- This scholarship will be given to a deserving French student wishing to complete a project related to a humanitarian cause in a French or francophone environment that would satisfy the 30-hour service learning requirement for graduation.
- The recipient will be required to give a presentation about the experience to French faculty and students upon returning to UW-Eau Claire.
Ryan Prechel Hunger Relief Scholarship
- The Ryan Prechel Hunger Relief Scholarship is made available annually by Ryan Prechel.
- One scholarship of $500 is available to the student recipient with an additional $500 given to an organization chosen by the scholarship recipient.
- This scholarship is available to students who are involved with a hunger relief organization. A strong preference is given to students involved with hunger relief organizations in the greater Chippewa Valley.
Send in an application
To apply for any of these fellowships or scholarships, click on the link below.