UW-Eau Claire is committed to offering a physically, psychologically and emotionally safe environment for all youth. To support this mission, our Youth Protection Program is responsible for overseeing youth policies and guidelines, and ensuring accurate accounting of the youth participating in UWEC programs. Safety processes and compliance structures focus on protection of minors who are not enrolled in UWEC classes, but who participate in youth programs on and off campus.
The Office of Risk Management, Safety & Sustainability established the Youth Protection Program (YPP) in 2021. This program is responsible for:
- maintaining compliance with System Administrative Policy 625 on Youth Protection,
- collecting and maintaining records of registered Youth Activities;
- communicating expectations to university employees associated with registered Youth Activities;
- providing guidance and interpretations related to University and System policy;
- in partnership with responsible offices, assessing the compliance status of registered Youth Activities; and conducting periodic reviews of program documentation or site visit inspections.
Office of Risk Management, Safety & Sustainability | email@example.com