The primary aim of this program is to bring guest lecturers, artists, and other professionals to campus to provide professional development for UWEC faculty, staff, students, and the broader community
The program will provide up to $1,200 for travel costs and honorariums. Department and college or unit matching support for each proposal is expected.
Although speakers may be brought into specific classes, at least one session must be open to the entire university community. Departments may propose speaker series that covers the entire academic year in a single proposal for up to $3,600. For conferences with several speakers coming to campus in the same week, $2,000 may be requested.
Faculty and academic staff with at least a .5 FTE appointment are eligible to apply for funding from this program. Departments, units, and colleges are expected to contribute support to the cost of the proposed professional development activity, but no specific dollar cost-share amount is required.
Note: This program cannot pay a consultant honorarium to anyone employed in the UW System.
Deadline for Application:
Submit your proposal to the chair (or equivalent) by the first working day of each month. Proposals must be received at least six weeks before the proposed event to provide adequate time for committee review. Proposals submitted after the guest’s visit will not be considered.
Application Process/Writing Guide:
The Guest Lectures, Artists, and Other Professionals application is accessed through the Professional Development Programs form in BP Logix. Please visit the Using eForms and BP Logix page for a detailed explanation of the eForm system.
The proposal consists of:
- A Narrative (2 to 4 pages) including each of the following:
- Information on the proposed visitor and event
- Explanation of how the visit will provide professional development for UW-Eau Claire faculty and/or academic staff
- Additional target population(s), such as students or community members
- Plan for publicizing the event
- Awards from this program during the past three years, if available.
- Budget request and justification