The Small Research Grants program is designed to support research projects that are preliminary to larger works, especially those in preparation for an external grant application, which need support prior to the next regular cycle of the University Research and Creative Activity Grant program. Small Research Grants may also be used in combination with Faculty/Student Research Collaboration Grants to enhance project support for faculty and academic staff research.
Small Research Grants will not exceed $500 and may cover supplies, travel, or student help.
Faculty and academic staff engaged in research or other scholarly and creative activities with .5 FTE or greater appointment are eligible to apply.
C. Writing Guide:
Small Research Grants proposals are processed in BP Logix. Please visit the Using eForms and BP Logix page for a detailed explanation of the eForm system.
The proposal consists of:
- Small Research Grants form
- Applicants must clearly explain and justify all requested expenses in the budget explanation section of the form.
- A Narrative (2-4 page word-processed document, with page numbers), addressing each of the following:Objectives
- Project description
- Significance of the proposed project
- Relationship of this project to Principal Investigator’s scholarly program
- Plan for disseminating results
D. Deadline for application:
The proposal may be submitted to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs at any time. The form must be endorsed by the department chair and dean (or equivalents) prior to being processed by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.