This program encourages faculty with expertise in the humanities to apply for National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Stipend awards. These awards are prestigious and highly competitive--only two faculty members may be nominated to represent UW-Eau Claire. The NEH Summer Stipend award is $6,000 of support for two consecutive months of research and writing. The ORSP Incentive program will provide an additional $4,000 in summer stipend funds to anyone awarded an NEH Summer Stipend.
Faculty and academic staff with .5 FTE or greater appointment are eligible to apply if they meet the following criteria:
- will hold an appointment at UW-Eau Claire during the academic year following the award.
- have not received a notice of non-renewal.
- have complied with all requirements of previous UW-Eau Claire and extramural awards.
Deadline for Application: August 11, 2023
One copy of the proposal is due to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs by August 11, 2023. Faculty will be notified during the first week of class whether they have been selected as one of two institutional nominees. The two institutional nominees will submit their applications online to NEH by the fall deadline and then provide a copy of the submitted application to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
Application Process/Writing Guide:
Provide the following items to ORSP--detailed instructions for each section can be found on the NEH Summer Stipends website, (http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/stipends.html):
- Narrative—maximum three single-spaced pages
- Bibliography—maximum one single-spaced page
- Résumé—maximum two single-spaced pages
- Work Plan—maximum one single-space page
See the criteria used by UWEC proposal reviewers.