UW-Eau Claire is proud to offer all Blugolds the opportunity to experience new cultures, experiences and ways of life. Whether your immersion program takes you down the block — or the other side of the world — we're here to help make sure you gain a new perspective and be changed for the better by what you experience.
Mission Statement of the Intercultural Immersion Office:
To enhance the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire student experience by administering and supporting high-impact intercultural immersion programs that are integrated into the curriculum. We aim to deepen student intercultural competence through experiential learning opportunities and engagement with people, cultures, languages, environments, and systems different than their own, in order to foster engaged citizens who have personal and professional skills for lifelong learning in a diverse world.
We fulfill our mission through a commitment to:
- Work with faculty, staff, and departments to develop and promote a diverse array of high-impact intercultural immersion programs through mutually beneficial collaborations with international and domestic partners.
- Foster development of intercultural competency and a respectful understanding of diverse cultures, populations, and environments through transformative learning opportunities.
- Increase access to immersion experiences and encourage participation by all students, particularly those traditionally underrepresented in off-campus high-impact practices.
- Develop faculty expertise in building global relationships through cultural immersion and international research opportunities.
- Bring knowledge, increased capacity, and understanding back to UW-Eau Claire.