The management of key hardware for the entire campus is handled by the Key Management department. This includes processing key requests and making sure all keys are turned in and accounted for. The Key Management department is located in the Maintenance and Central Stores (MCS) building. We have free parking on the West side of the building.
- Determine what building(s) and room number(s) you need to access.
- Fill out the Key Authorization eform listed below.
- Keys will be ready for pick up by the requestor within two working days from receipt of completed Key Authorization eform.
- Facilities will notify the requestor when the keys are ready.
- A deposit is not required for UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff, and students.
- A signed Key Policy Addendum is required for all key holders.
- All keys will be issued only at Maintenance & Central Stores office 103.
- The keyholder must present a photo ID to receive keys.
- All UW-Eau Claire staff MUST return all building keys to Facilities in person before discontinuing your employment or transferring from your present position.
- DO NOT turn over your keys to the person assuming your position, the Department Chair, or any other employee.
- All UW-Eau Claire students MUST return all keys in person to Facilities on or before the return date indicated on the Key Authorization form, upon leaving school, or on the completion of any activity that required authorized access to a specific area.
- DO NOT turn any keys over to anyone else. You will be held responsible for all keys issued to you. (Housing RAs are to follow Housing key return procedures). Facilities will fully enforce policies regarding failure to return keys.
- All non-UW-Eau Claire personnel (e.g., contractors, architects, engineers, temporary instructors, and vendors) MUST return all building keys in person to Facilities upon completion of project, seminar, etc. or by the return date indicated on the Key Authorization eform.
- Facilities reserves the right to withhold final payment and/or assess costs associated with re-keying due to non-returned keys.
- All individuals issued temporary keys must return keys within 30 days of issuance or as indicated on the Key Authorization eform by the Director or Associate Director of Facilities.
- In case of lost keys, immediately notify Facilities at 836-4450.
- Submitting a Lost Key eform is required for all lost keys.
- A replacement key charge may be assessed.
Maintenance & Central Stores (MCS) 103
Hours: 7:45 AM - 4 PM
Contact: Anita Spahn, 715-836-4450, email@example.com
Free parking in visitor's lot