UW-Eau Claire Counseling Services is a place on campus where you can find someone to talk to when you're feeling hopeless, lonely, depressed, confused, upset over a relationship, or just plain stressed.
For fall 2020 Counseling Services will continue to offer our services via Tele-Counseling using Zoom. We continue to offer intakes, individual counseling, AODA Assessments, group therapy, and brief crisis drop-in sessions in the Tele-Counseling format. These services are typically only available to students that are physically in the state of Wisconsin, but certain states have made exceptions allowing us to practice across state lines. Many of our clinicians have been granted permission to practice in Illinois and Minnesota. Please contact us if you have questions about other states. There will be no in person counseling services available. If you are in need of a private space for Tele-Counseling there will be private offices available for use at Counseling Services.
To schedule an appointment, call (715) 836-5521 during our business hours:
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-12:00 PM, 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM. We are open 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Wednesdays.
We're working hard to support students and their mental health needs virtually. In addition to Tele-Counseling services, you can now check out our Attacking Anxiety and Depression Workshop Videos, or see what our office is up to on Instagram and Facebook.
We have also been collecting COVID-19 specific online resources:
- Living With Worry And Anxiety Amidst Global Uncertainty
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Care For Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty
- Five ways to View COVID-19 Coverage
- 7 Science Based Strategies to Cope with COVID-19 Anxiety
- CDC main website for coronavirus for ongoing updates and information
- Mental Health and Coping during COVID-19
- Behavioral health toolkit materials for disaster response
- Mobile app and information for disaster responders and survivors
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation
- Resilience and Stigma reduction related
- Share Facts about COVID-19
Additional 24/7 Crisis Resources
- Crisis Text Line - Text HOPE to 741741
- Mental Health & AODA Crisis Line - 1-888-552-6642
- National Suicide Prevention Line - 1-800-273-8255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline - 1-800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - 1-800-799-7233
- TREVOR (LGBTQIA) Lifeline - 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline - 1-877-565-8860
- Veterans Crisis Line - 1-800-273-8255
If you or anyone you know has been impacted by recent events, please know that Counseling Services is a resource that strives to provide a safe and inclusive environment for all students.
We provide confidential short-term individual counseling, group counseling, and couples counseling. We also offer drop-in crisis sessions. Referrals to outside services are provided when necessary.
*Please see above for updated hours related to COVID-19 health recommendations.
During winter/summer breaks we close at 4:30 on Wednesday.