Are you an incoming student and don't have a car to bring to campus? Don't worry, we've got you covered. UW-Eau Claire offers a variety of other services for you to use to get around. Below, you can explore the different options ranging from bus and shuttle services to bike rental.
Buses & Shuttles
Eau Claire Transit
UW-Eau Claire partners with Eau Claire Transit to provide local bus service which is paid for with student segregated fees. With two bus routes and in coordination with Eau Claire City Transit, travel to the upper campus Bollinger Fields and Imperial Circle Apartments area or the Water Street area. Simply show your Blugold ID and ride the bus at no additional cost.
Route 9 (lower campus)
Route 19 (upper campus)
Routes 9 & 19 operate 6 days per week, Monday-Saturday, except on major holidays, Thanksgiving Day and the immediately following Friday and Saturday, winter break (day after the last day of fall semester through the day prior to the start of winterim), spring break (Saturday through the succeeding Sunday).
The city continues to operate all other city bus routes.
- Masks required
- Practice social distancing within the bus
- Capacity will be limited to 20 riders per bus, plan trips accordingly.
- Enter and exit through the rear door unless you need operator assistance.
The Priory is a residence hall located a few miles off campus and given it's proximity we want to ensure all students have the opportunity to live there with means to get to class. Parking permits are required to park at The Priory with the Priory shuttle transporting faculty, staff or student daily and at regular intervals.
Simply show your Blugold ID and ride the shuttle for free during the academic year (fall and spring semesters).
This shuttle operates Monday-Friday when classes are in session and does not operate over winterim or summer.
- Masks required
- Practice social distancing within the shuttle.
- Capacity will be limited to 8 riders per trip, plan trips accordingly.
Another bus option out of town students can utilize is the Badger Bus. The Badger Bus service is available between UWEC, UW Madison, and UW Milwaukee. For more information click here.
The Campus Cab is a service for Blugolds who need a ride between campus locations, operating during the academic year, Friday and Sunday from 4pm - 10pm. The ride is free thanks to the sponsorship of UW-Eau Claire's Housing and Residence Life. For more details click here.
Parking and Transportation Services offers an on-campus service for students and staff with permanent or temporary disabilities. The Conveyance Van travels between Upper and Lower campus, and shuttles between university buildings, operating during the academic year, Monday-Thursday from 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information on how to reserve a van and the requirements, visit the link below.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times by the van driver and riders, per university policy
- If a rider is not wearing a face covering, the driver has the right to refuse service.
- If a driver is not wearing a face covering, please call 715-836-2544.
- The van will be limited to 2 riders and 1 driver at a time. This will allow for as mush physical distancing as ossible.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the van.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in the van. In addition to parking staff regularly wiping down high touch areas throughout the day, riders are asked to wipe down high touch areas upon exiting the van. Riders can also wipe down high touch areas upon entering the van if they so choose.
While not in coordination with UWEC, the Greyhound Bus can get students where they need to go. For more information click here.
We are aware that many of our students are from Minnesota and the surrounding Wisconsin areas. For this reason, we promote a bus service that travels longer distances to get out of town students without a car home. Jefferson Lines is available from Minneapolis, MN to Milwaukee, WI with stops in St. Paul, Menomonie, Eau Claire, Chippewa Falls, Stanley, Abbotsford, Wausau, Wittenburg, Shawano, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan. For more information click here.
Zimride is a private ridesharing network for UWEC that connects you with others who want to take the same trip. If you have a vehicle, post a ride. If you are looking for a ride, post the ride you are looking for. Match for one-time trips or daily commutes. You'll save money by splitting fuel and you'll reduce your carbon footprint.
Create your free profile using your university ID. Start here and request a ride!
Note: Zimride is indefinitely suspending its service on December 31, 2020. Until that time, they will operate as usual for users. Parking and Transportation along with the Student Office of Sustainability is discussing campus needs and will provide updates on an alternative service as details are available.