We accept applications August 1 - June 1 for admission the upcoming fall (September), and February 1 - November 1 for admission the upcoming spring (February). We must receive all of your required application materials prior to the deadline. Start applying early!
International student application process
Application deadlines: June 1 for fall semester; November 1 for spring semester.
Please submit the following:
1. The UW System online application
Create an application account at https://apply.wisconsin.edu/.
What type of international student should I apply as?
- Apply as an Undergraduate Degree Student if you are (or soon will be) a high school graduate who wishes to attend UW-Eau Claire to earn a degree. (This applies even if you will start in the Intensive English Program.)
- Apply as an Undergraduate Degree Student if you are a current college student who wishes to transfer to UW-Eau Claire to complete a degree. (This applies even if you will start in the Intensive English Program.)
- Apply as a Special Student – International Exchange or Sponsored if you currently attend a university that has an exchange partnership with UW-Eau Claire and if you plan on studying abroad here for 1-2 semesters. Visit the CIE website for more information.
- Apply as a Special Student – Intensive English Program (IEP) if you would like to enroll in the Intensive English Program but do not wish to pursue a degree.
2. $50 USD application fee
Pay this fee online by logging back into your application.
3. Evidence of English proficiency
For undergraduate admission:
- Minimum TOEFL ibt total score of 75 or IELTS overall score of 6.0
- See other methods of demonstrating English proficiency.
For Intensive English Program (IEP) / conditional undergraduate admission:
- Minimum TOEFL ibt total score of 48, or IELTS overall score of 4.0
- If you are an IEP applicant and do not have a standardized test score to submit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Financial Verification form
Complete the Financial Verification form documenting your source of funding for the duration of your program or at least one year of estimated expenses shown, whichever is less. The document must be signed and dated by you and any sponsors.
5. Certified bank statement
Letter(s) from your bank or your sponsor’s bank attesting the availability of the funds documented on your Financial Verification form. Must be certified (signed and stamped) by a bank employee. Must be less than six months old.
6. Official transcripts
- Official secondary school transcripts mailed to us directly from the school
- Transfer students must also have official transcripts for all college/university level studies mailed to us directly from the school
- If issued in a language other than English, include official original-language documents and professional-quality English translations
- In the event that you possess the single unique copy of your transcripts, you may mail those to us to make certified copies and we will return the originals to you via certified mail.
- We are not able to accept transcripts via email.
7. Official diploma or examination results
- Examples include: SPM results, IGCSE results, WAEC results, IB results, 高中毕业证书, graduation certificate, etc.
- If issued in a language other than English, include official original-language document and a professional-quality English translation.
- We are not able to accept diplomas or examination results via email.
8. Passport copy
A scan or copy of the photo page of your passport, as well as a copy of your current visa if you are already in the United States.
With the exception of transcripts, diplomas, and examination results, you may submit application materials to email@example.com. Application materials may be mailed to the following address:
UW-Eau Claire Admissions
105 Garfield Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701 USA
Not an undergraduate international student?
Select your student type below to see your application process.