The Intensive English Program (IEP) at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire offers a personalized experience that will help increase your English proficiency. With an average class size of 10 students, you will learn valuable study skills, utilize university resources and gain leadership and team-building skills. We are committed to providing you a high quality program that will prepare you for success in your studies at UW-Eau Claire and beyond.
The ESL classes improved my reading, writing and listening skills. With my English progress, it is going to be easier for me to enroll in a PhD program.
About the program
UW-Eau Claire's Intensive English Program (IEP) is designed to help students improve their English and meet the necessary English proficiency enrollment requirements at UWEC.
The program includes
- Courses that focus on academic and social language
- Preparation for success in the academic classroom. You will learn valuable study skills, utilize university resources, and gain leadership and team-building skills.
- A Buddy Program: meet weekly with a fluent English speaker to improve your speaking and connect with the UW-Eau Claire campus community!
- Connections to a local community member through our Host Friend Program! Host Friends provide a welcoming introduction into the Eau Claire community that we call home.
- 15 weeks of instruction
- 18 clock hours of instruction per week
- Dormitory style housing on campus
- Full meal plan
- Free city bus transportation
- Access to on-campus computers, library, health services, and recreation services
- Accident and sickness insurance for F and J visa holders
Want to learn more? Please reach out to us!