When you graduate with a Blugold degree in music and theatre arts, our advice to you would be to have your bags packed — there's a good chance you'll be headed off to your dream job or graduate studies program soon. If music education is the path for you, almost 100 percent of our grads are placed immediately. If you want to stick around the Chippewa Valley (because it's the best place in the world, of course) you're in luck since the area currently finds Blugolds teaching in every public school district. Theatre alumni are gracing local and national stages, as well as our televisions.
- K-12 music and theatre director
- Music studio owner and instructor
- Nationally known Indie musician and band
- Co-founder of multinational software company
- Piano player for Glen Miller Band
- Broadway instrumentalist, vocalist, composer
- Harold Washington University music instructor
- Nationally known jazz instrumentalist
- London Symphony Orchestra member
- Eastern Connecticut State instructor
- Boston Symphony Orchestra touring member
- Metropolitan Opera performer
- Gustavus Adolphus College instructor
- Broadway performer (too many shows to list!)
- Eau Claire Children’s Theatre director
- Second City, Chicago
- Dancer in headlining music concert tours
- Films like “Catch Me If You Can”
- Showtime’s “Homeland”
- NBC’s “The West Wing” and “ER”
- Beckett Theatre, NYC
- Headlining magician, Las Vegas
- Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, Minnesota
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center, Nashville
Blugolds keeping it in the family
You will quickly find out that Blugolds stick together, and that doesn't end when you graduate. The alumni community is also a fantastic avenue for career networking, and they've even set up a program to help match our graduates with open jobs in their fields. Check out the Blugold Career Link and find out how to be that perfect job fit that another Blugold is seeking.
Keep in touch!
Music and theatre is a lifestyle as much as a course of study or career path, and nobody knows that like our graduates. As alumni, please know you are still an important part of our community. We want to continue to celebrate your life and would love to have you come back to visit any time. Whether it is to enjoy a performance, take part in one yourself, or to lend support to the program that shaped your life, our strong ties to the Blugold family are essential to the continued vitality of this department. Visit the Alumni and Foundation sites to find out more ways to remain involved. Once a Blugold, always a Blugold!