We offer once a week tutoring for all students in many language courses, physical science courses, and social science courses.
The Academic Skills Center is located in the Student Success Center in Centennial 2104. To be scheduled with a tutor and to find out about other services we offer, you can stop into the Academic Skills Center. You can also reach us by phone at 715-836-2200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Subject to change each semester.)
- French 101, 102, 201, 202
- Spanish 101, 102, 201, 202
- Biology 105, 130, 151, 214
- Chemistry 105, 106, 109, 150
- Geography 104, 111
- Geology 102
- Physics 100, 211, 212
- Economics 103, 104
- Music 110, 141, 142, 146, 147, 227, 229, 246, 247, 248, 249
For MATH 010 and MATH 020 tutoring, please visit the Math Care Center in Hibbard 218. For all other Math tutoring, please visit the Math Lab in the Student Success Center in Centennial 2104.
Ideas for help, when tutoring isn't available
- Ask at the front desk in the Student Success Center. We may be able to refer you to other services available on campus.
- See your course professor during office hours. Professors hold office hours specifically to meet with students and are available to assist you.
- Search your textbook title on the Internet. Many publishers have additional resources available to assist students using their textbooks.
- Stop by the academic department office to inquire about any available tutoring or resources to assist students. Some departments or student groups offer drop-in tutoring hours.
- See the free resources available at Khan Academy at https://www.khanacademy.org/.
- Start your own study group with people in your class. The library has study rooms available.
- If your course struggles are related to test performance, difficulty with textbook reading, or insufficient note-taking skills, ask the Academic Skills Center about our Peer Academic Coaches.