Recreation and Sport Operations strategic goals and priorities through 2025.
Goal: Professional Development
- Encourage and support professional staff attendance at relevant conferences and /or trainings that benefit both the individual and the department.
- Collaborate and contribute to Employee and Student Wellbeing, offering inclusive programs that support health and wellbeing on campus.
- Support student development by providing regular performance evaluations, guidance in goal setting, training and leadership, opportunities, and scholarships for conferences and workshops.
Goal: Student Engagement/Connection
- Encourage student leadership in decision making and the administration of the Recreation department.
- Promote student involvement in department-wide programming and training.
- Develop engaging programs that recruit, retain, and support student success.
- Create and develop intentional Recreation programming that is inclusive of all students and supports a feeling of belonging.
Goal: Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Support and encourage participation in on-campus opportunities for mentoring.
- Promote employment opportunities in a manner that will attract diverse applicants.
- Host diversity training and professional development throughout the year for student employees and professional staff.
- Ensure programming, facility improvements, and new developments are inclusive and welcoming.
Goal: Facilities Enhancement and Collaboration
- Collaborate with Facilities Management on a maintenance and custodial plan that optimizes cleanliness and safety in all Recreation Facilities.
- Finalize the comprehensive long-term Master Plan for Recreation and Athletics.
- Cultivate solid, mutually beneficial relationships with Housing and Residence Life, Centers, Kinesiology, Athletics, and the Community for effective collaboration on shared-use facilities.
Goal: Fiscal Responsibility
- Manage department fund with integrity and wisdom, planning for and prioritizing immediate and long-term needs, and avoiding unnecessary expenditures.
- Provide complete budget transparency to the Administration, Student Senate Finance Commission, and all students.
- Involve students in the budget development process and in the presentation of the budget to Student Finance Commission.