Recreation and Sport Operations strategic goals and priorities for 2018-2019.
Goal: Professional Development
- Encourage and support professional staff attendance at relevant conferences and/or trainings that benefit both the individual and the department.
- Support student development by providing regular performance evaluations, guidance in goal setting, leadership opportunities, and scholarships for conferences and trainings.
Goal: Student Engagement/Connection
- Encourage student involvement in the Student Recreation Advisory Committee.
- Promote student involvement in department-wide programming and training opportunities.
- Create and develop Recreation programming that is inclusive of all (first year, transfer, multicultural, etc.).
Goal: Equity, Diversity and Inclusiveness
- Ensure that the Recreation EDI statement is prominent in all marketing materials and evident in our personal conduct and treatment of all people.
- Work to strengthen Recreation connections and collaborations with the Office of Multicultural Affairs, Center for International Education, Gender and Sexuality Office and the Office for Students with Disabilities.
- Prioritize and promote EDI in hiring and training for professional and student staff.
Goal: Facilities Enhancement and Collaboration
- Work with Facilities Management on a maintenance and custodial plan that optimizes cleanliness and safety in our facilities.
- Continue development of a comprehensive long-term Master Plan for Recreation/Athletic facilities.
- Cultivate solid, mutually beneficial relationships with Housing and Residence Life, Centers, Kinesiology, Athletics, and the Community for effective collaboration on shared-use facilities.
Goal: Fiscal Responsibility
- Manage department funds with integrity and wisdom, planning for and prioritizing immediate and long-term needs, and avoiding unnecessary or frivolous expenditures.
- Provide complete budget transparency to the Administration, Student Senate Finance Commission and all students.
- Involve students in the budget development process and in the presentation of the budget to the Student Finance Commission.
Inclusive Excellence Plan