Make a Great Impression
Learn how to put your best foot forward with these tips for professional and business casual dress.
- Wearing a suit to your interview is highly recommended.
- Make sure to have a neutral suit (black, navy blue, dark grey, or brown)
- You may wear a skirt or pants.
- Under your suit, a nice button-up collared shirt or blouse. White or other neutral colors is recommended
- Don’t forget a tie! We recommend a solid color or basic striped pattern.
- Coordinate your shoes and belt to match. (Ex. Wear black shoes with a black belt)
- Match your socks to your suit. A few nice pairs of dress socks are a worthwhile investment. Closed toed shoes are the best option and small heels or flats are recommended.
- A skirt should sit right at or below the knee.
- It is best to wear tights or nylons with your skirt. Matching your tights with your shoes or wearing nude are the best options.
- Make sure your clothing is clean and wrinkle-free.
- Avoid clothing with plunging or revealing necklines.
- A button-up collared dress shirt or blouse in white or other neutral colors is recommended.
- Avoid revealing and plunging necklines.
- Skirts should sit right at or below the knee.
- Solid or stripped ties are great options.
- Your belt will be visible so it is important that it matches the color of your shoes.
- Match the color of your socks with your pants.
- We recommend solid colors or simple patterns.
- Make sure your shoes compliment your outfit color
- Tie your knot a medium size and have your tie rest at your belt.
- Avoid tying a fancy knot, keep it medium.
- Keep all accessories in your outfit the same color
- Make sure your dress shirt and pants are clean and wrinkle-free
- Hairstyle is well combed, pulled back and professional
- Complement your natural features by using neutral lip stick colors and eye shadows
- Avoid heavy eye liner and mascara. Also avoid glitter, neon, or metallic eye shadows
- Wear a classic necklaces such as pearls, a gold or silver fine chain. Wear studded earing matching your necklace
- Only wear one or two rings and a simple bracelet or nice watch.
- Avoid bangles, hanging earrings or statement necklaces
- Make sure your hair is trimmed
- If your hair is longer keep it out of your face by pinning or pulling it back
- Make sure facial hair is brushed and trimmed appropriately
- If the company has guidelines about hair length and style follow them. This is a great chance to reflect company standards!