Handshake is the one-stop for UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County students to search for jobs and internships. Students can also find employers, learn about career fairs and events, and access resources for the job search such as resume and cover letter examples and interviewing tips.
What types of appointments can I make on Handshake?
Schedule an appointment on Handshake for any of the following types of appointments:
- Resume writing and reviews
- Cover letter writing and reviews
- Job and internship search
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews
- LinkedIn profile development
- Salary negotiation strategies
- Accepting and declining job offers
Students: Log in and make an appointment
Current Students: Log in to Handshake using your UWEC credentials.
Incoming students: An account will be automatically created for you with your UWEC email address once you register for classes.
Alumni: All UW-Eau Claire alumni have access to Handshake. Alumni may use their Handshake account with a personal email address after graduation.
Alumni who graduated before 2017 likely do not have a Handshake Account already created for them, unless they've worked with our office before. Career Services is happy to create new accounts for alumni who would like access to Handshake for job searching, networking, scheduling an appointment or other Career Services resources. Request a Handshake account by emailing email@example.com.
How to Schedule Handshake Appointments
1. Log In to your Handshake account
2. Click Career Center in the middle-right or top-right of the dashboard.
3. Click Appointments.
4. Click Schedule A New Appointment.
5. Follow the prompts to complete the request. You'll receive notification via email when your appointment request is complete.
For help with Handshake visit support for students or contact Career Services
Handshake is the one-stop for UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County students to search for jobs and internships. Employers can also register for career fairs and events, post events, and connect with students via Handshake.
- How to Set Up a Handshake Account
- How to Post A Position
- How to Repost a Previously Posted Position
- Employer Account FAQ
- Please name your “company” in this format: Department, UW-Eau Claire
Please list location as a city, state (Eau Claire, WI instead of Hibbard Hall) so students can search for job location accurately
If your position could be filled by a student with or without work study, answer “yes”. Many students use “work study” as a search filter and this will ensure your position shows in those results
- Handshake Guide for On-Campus Employers
Local Off-Campus Employers (Including those hiring students for babysitting, lawn care, home cleaning, etc.)
Think of yourself as the “employer” and your household as the “company” when creating an account.
Many name their “company” “Lastname Residence” or “Lastname Household”.
Including more detail (address, phone number) is helpful for verifying your employer account.
You likely do not have a company website and are welcome to use a public profile (such as a LinkedIn or Facebook page).