Blugolds, we are so excited to welcome you to your new home at UW-Eau Claire. Please read the information below carefully to learn all about moving into your new home on campus!
Register for move-in
To sign-up for a move-in date and time, go to My Housing Portal > Misc > Move In Date/Time.
The deadline to register for move-in days is January 22.
Important details about move-in days
Can anyone help me move-in?
Two guests per student are allowed to help you unload your dorm items and bring them up to your room. Move-in bins are available, but personal carts or dollies are recommended. Move-in bins borrowed from the university will be cleaned between each use. All individuals (guests and students) are required to wear masks on campus.
How do I check-in during my selected move-in time?
During your two-hour window, please report to the front of your assigned hall. Staff will be there to officially check you in. During check-in you will:
- Receive your room combination/key
- Receive your campus parking permit (if applicable)
- Confirm your emergency contact information is updated. If it is not, you will be asked to step aside, update this information, and then get back in line. To avoid this, please make sure to enter and update your emergency contact before you arrive to campus at My Housing Portal > Misc)
Where do I park during move-in?
Once you select your move-in date and time, please check your email for a registration confirmation message. This will include full parking guidelines. You will NOT need a parking permit.
What should you do before arriving on campus?
Complete your Emergency Contact Information
Contact your roommate
Select a meal plan
- Students in traditional residence halls and The Suites are required to have a meal plan. For Haymarket, Priory, Chancellors and Aspenson Mogensen, a residence meal plan is optional.
- If you do not select a meal plan by January 15, your meal plan will default to the Platinum Meal Plan.
- To select your plan, go to My Housing Portal > Manage your room & plan bookings > Meal Plans.
- Meal plan changes can occur until January 18 - February 4 at 3 p.m. View information about Meal Plans.
Tour your new home (virtually!)
Want to see what your new home away from home looks like? Take a virtual tour of your hall!
Watch loft tutorials
Watch our loft tutorial videos to learn how to set up your room.
NOTE: It is preferred that you bring your own rubber mallet. However, they are also available for checkout at the front desk.
Decide if you'll need a parking permit
Watch your UWEC email for details about requesting a parking permit by early January. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-3000.
Start planning for your arrival
Check out our Ultimate Packing Checklist and start packing! Please note which items you can and cannot bring with you to campus.
No longer attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal > Application > Spring 2021 > Cancel.