Thanks for choosing to live at UW-Eau Claire for the upcoming school year. Below you'll find the information you need about move-in dates, roommate information, and more.
All University Sponsored Housing (apartments, hotels and residence halls) open at 8:00am on September 1 for incoming students (sign up for move in time required). Classes officially begin on September 5th. Unless we receive word from you concerning a late arrival on campus, your space may be released and reassigned to another student after the above date and time.
To-Do Before Move-In
- Contact your Roommate
- My Housing Portal, Misc
- Complete Required Vaccine Form (You need to complete both Housing and Health Services Vaccine forms)
- Select a move-in time frame for Saturday, September 1st
- 8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm
- Complete the Loft Arrangement Form
- One per room in residence halls so consult with your roommate
- One per bedroom in apartment style halls
- Towers South new loft furniture is modular and set up/room configurations can be completed by the student thus no loft arrangement forms are needed for Towers South resident unless there is an accommodation need.
- Towers Hall Bed Lofting video will show you how to adjust your bed.
- My Housing Portal, Booking
- Select your meal plan
- If you do not select a meal plan, you will be defaulted to the platinum meal plan
- Meal plans required in all residence halls
- Meal plan optional in Haymarket, Priory, Aspenson Mogensen, and Chancellors
- Select your meal plan
- Learn more about your assigned residence hall
- Start planning your packing...see what you can and cannot bring: Ultimate Packing Check List
- Student are advised to bring their own TV cable cord. Some rooms may have cords in them which were left from previous residents but be prepared!
- Review commonly asked questions
- Looking for parking for the academic year?
- Parking on campus during the academic year is very limited
- Watch UWEC email for parking lottery sign up information June 11-July 13
- uwec.ly/parking for more information
Move-In Parking Details
Horan, Governors and Sutherland residents: watch for more parking details as we approach move in. Due to the construction of a new residence hall in this area, a parking plan is being created and will be emailed to students soon.
All other areas, please park in the nearest parking lot or the lawn in front of Towers Hall that you will see roped off, and check in at your hall front desk.
No permit required for move-in day
Find Your Way to Your New Home
If you want to GPS or map directions to your assigned building use the address below.
Upper campus: 642 university Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701 (then navigate to your assigned hall based on the campus map. This is address for Towers Hall).
Lower campus (Putnam and Katherine Thomas): 101 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Aspenson Mogensen: 222 Water Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Haymarket Landing: 220 Eau Claire St, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Priory Hall: 1190 Priory Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Move-In Parking Map
No Longer Attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal click Application, Manage 18-19, then Cancel.