Blugolds, we are so excited to welcome you to your new home at UW-Eau Claire. Please read the information below carefully to learn all about moving into your new home on campus!
Register for move-in
Move-In Dates: August 28th and August 29th from 8am-4pm.
Registration Required! More details below.
Or, skip busyness of move-in and drop your items off the weekend before. Details under Drop Off below.
Important details about move-in days
Can anyone help me move-in?
Masked guests are permitted to help you unload your items and bring them up to your room.
Move-in bins are available, but personal carts or dollies are recommended. Move-in bins borrowed from the university will be cleaned between each use. All individuals (guests and students) are required to wear masks on campus.
How do I check-in during my selected move-in time?
During your two-hour window, please report to the front of your assigned hall. Staff will be there to officially check you in. During check-in you will:
- Receive your room combination/key
- Confirm your emergency contact information is updated. If it is not, you will be asked to step aside, update this information, and then get back in line. To avoid this, please make sure to enter and update your emergency contact before you arrive to campus at My Housing Portal > Misc)
Where do I park during move-in?
Once you select your move-in date and time, please check your email for a registration confirmation message. This will include full parking guidelines. You will NOT need a parking permit.
Move In Check List — Prepare for Your Arrival!
Register for Move In Date/Time
Secure your spot early as timeslots do fill!
- To Register: My Housing Portal>Misc>Move In Date/time
- Two hour timeslots available: 8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm.
- Select a time and need to make a change? You can do that!
- But know that you will give up your current registration and may not get it back. Same place your registered at My Housing Portal to make a change in date or time.
Drop Off Weekend Info (August 21 and August 22)
Want to skip the hustle and bustle of move in day? Then register to come early on August 21st or August 22nd with available times between 10am-4pm.
- Drop off will allow you access to your space to do just that…drop off your items in your room.
- You may not unpack or decorate etc.
- Just put your items in your room so when you arrive for move in, you can then go to check in table for your keys/combination and then head up to your room to start settling in.
- No charge this year for drop off but space is limited so register early.
- *Note some rooms are not eligible for drop off due to summer needs for the room. If you try to register and get a message that will not allow you in, that means your room is not eligible. This is very limited but may occur.*
- Deadline to register is August 16th
Complete your Emergency Contact Information
Contact your roommate
Select a meal plan
- Students in traditional residence halls and The Suites are required to have a meal plan. For Haymarket, Priory, Chancellors and Aspenson Mogensen, a residence meal plan is optional.
- If you do not select a meal plan by August 1, your meal plan will default to the Platinum Meal Plan.
- To select your plan, go to My Housing Portal > Manage your room & plan bookings > Meal Plans.
- Changes available ONLINE until August 22nd or IN PERSON at the Blugold Card Office in Davies Center until September 9th at 4pm.
Get Your Blugold ID
You need your Blugold ID card to access your assigned building (and your room in Towers), use your meal plan, do laundry, get books etc.
Opportunities to obtain your card: Stop by campus during summer, during Blugold Preview Days in July/August, or on your move in day.
What to bring with you: Government issued ID.
Where to get it? Blugold Card Services Office located in the Davies Center, 9am-3pm, Monday-Friday.
More details: uwec.ly/blugoldcard
Tour your new home (in-person or virtually!)
You may have seen Towers on your campus tour or you may not have seen any residence halls at UWEC. We want to make your transition to your new home as smooth as possible.
Watch for information coming from Orientation regarding opportunities to visit campus this summer and see your new home before move in!
Watch loft tutorials
Watch our loft tutorial videos to learn how to set up your room.
NOTE: It is preferred that you bring your own rubber mallet. However, they are also available for checkout at the front desk.
Decide if you'll need a parking permit
Watch your UWEC email for details about requesting a parking permit by early August. Questions? Contact email@example.com or 715-836-3000.
What to Bring or Not Bring
Check out our Ultimate Packing Checklist and start packing! Please note which items you can and cannot bring with you to campus.
No longer attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal>Contract>Manage 21-22>Cancel