Thanks for choosing to live at UW-Eau Claire for the upcoming school year. Below you'll find the information you need about move-in dates and preparation as well as tasks you need to complete before you arrive on campus!
Move-In Dates Fall 2020
Freshman and Transfer Students: August 29th or August 30th
Current Students: Beginning August 30th
*Student must register for a move in time and be moved in by the first day of class by 8am.
Contact Your Roommate
- View your roommate information at My Housing Portal, Manage Room and Plan Bookings, and Roommate Info.
- Make sure to discuss furniture needs and room arrangement details in addition to getting to know each other!
Select Meal Plan
- Go to My Housing Portal, Room and Plan Bookings, and Manage Meal Plan to Select Your Meal Plan.
- You need to do this before July 31st online.
- If you do not self-select a meal plan and you are required to have one (residence hall double and singles as well as any room in the Suites), then you will be defaulted to the platinum meal plan.
- Meal Plan changes can occur until September 10th at 4pm. Meal Plan Information
Register for a Move In Time
- Make sure to secure your move in date/time at My Housing Portal, Misc, and Move In Time beginning Monday, June 15th.
- Incoming Students - you can select from either Saturday, August 29th or Sunday, August 30th with the following time intervals: 8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm or 2pm-4pm.
- Current Students - if you plan to arrive on Sunday, August 30th you will select a time window. If you plan to arrive Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, you just need to sign up and let us know what date you plan to arrive.
Complete Emergency Contact Information
- You MUST complete this information before you check in.
- Go to My Housing Portal, Misc, Profile + Emergency Contact.
- Here you will need to enter your personal cell phone number and review instruction on how to update your University Emergency Contact Information in CampS.
Submit Loft Request Form, If Applicable
- Self-lofting available in select halls (Towers South, Towers North, Suites, Katherine Thomas, Putnam, and Sutherland) and no form is necessary. Just bring a rubber mallet or these are also available at the front desk and grab a friend/family member as two individuals can change the bed configuration. However, if you do want our staff to do this, you can submit a loft form.
- Not assigned to hall designated above…then you may submit a loft request form to designate how you would like your bed set up before your arrival.
- How to submit form? My Housing Portal, Misc, and Loft Request.
- If you arrive to campus and your bed needs to be changed, please just return to this spot online to submit a new form. Lofting staff will be processing requests on move in days.
Start Planning For Your Arrival
- See what you can and cannot bring: Packing Checklist 2020
- Students are advised to bring their own TV cable cords as these are not provided.
Parking Permit Information
Watch your UWEC email for details about requesting a parking permit in June.
Questions about parking-- please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-3000.
Where To Park For Move In (no permit needed)?
More information on move in parking to come Summer 2020.
Find your Way to Your New Home
If you want to GPS or map directions to your assigned building use the address below.
Upper campus: 642 university Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701 (then navigate to your assigned hall based on the campus map. This is address for Towers Hall).
Lower campus (Putnam and Katherine Thomas): 101 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Aspenson Mogensen: 222 Water Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Haymarket Landing: 220 Eau Claire St, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Priory Hall: 1190 Priory Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701
No Longer Attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal click Application, Manage 20-21, then Cancel.