Blugolds, we are so excited to welcome you to your new home at UW-Eau Claire. Please read the information below carefully to learn all about moving into your new home on campus!
Register for Move-In
Move-In Dates: August 31st (noon to 4pm) and September 1st (8am-4pm)
Registration Required! More details below.
Important details about move-in days
Can anyone help me move-in?
Move-in bins are available, but personal carts or dollies are recommended. Move-in bins borrowed from the university will be cleaned between each use. All individuals (guests and students) are required to wear masks on campus.
How do I check-in during my selected move-in time?
During your two-hour window, please report to the front of your assigned hall. Staff will be there to officially check you in. During check-in you will:
- Receive your room combination/key
- Confirm your emergency contact information is updated. If it is not, you will be asked to step aside, update this information, and then get back in line. To avoid this, please make sure to enter and update your emergency contact before you arrive to campus at My Housing Portal > Misc)
Where do I park during move-in?
Once you select your move-in date and time, please check your email for a registration confirmation message. This will include full parking guidelines. You will NOT need a parking permit.
Move In Check List — Prepare for Your Arrival!
Register for Move In Date/Time
Secure your spot early as timeslots do fill!
- To Register: My Housing Portal>Misc>Move In Date/Time
- Select time for August 31st (Noon to 2pm or 2pm-4pm) or September 1st (8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm)
Complete Emergency Contact and Review Judicial Code Housing Policies
Contact your roommate
Select a meal plan
- Students in traditional residence halls and The Suites are required to have a meal plan. For Haymarket, Priory, Chancellors and Aspenson Mogensen, a residence meal plan is optional.
- If you do not select a meal plan by August 4th, your meal plan will default to the Platinum Meal Plan.
- To select your plan, go to My Housing Portal > Manage your room & plan bookings > Meal Plans.
- Changes available ONLINE until August 21st or IN PERSON at the Blugold Card Office in Davies Center until September 15th at 4pm.
Get Your Blugold ID
You need your Blugold ID card to access your assigned building (and your room in Towers, Chancellors, and Suites), use your meal plan, do laundry, get books and take care of other essential services on campus.
On-Line Photo Submission Required: To avoid unnecessary delays, students are required to upload a photo NO LATER THAN JUNE 30th. Cards will be available for pick up during Blugold Experience Days and any time during regular Blugold Card Service Office hours.
Students will be e-mailed an ‘On-Line Photo Submission’ invitation e-mail and should follow the instructions outlined in that e-mail to submit their photo and a copy of their government issued ID. Students needing the e-mail re-sent can contact Blugold Card Services at 715-836-4093 or BlugoldCard@uwec.edu
What to Bring With You When Picking Up Your Card: Government issued ID
Where to Pick Up Your Card: Blugold Card Services Office located in the Davies Center. Summer Hours are 9am-3pm, Monday-Friday. On Blugold Experience Days, the office will open at 8am.
Tour your new home (in-person or virtually!)
You may have seen Towers on your campus tour or you may not have seen any residence halls at UWEC. We want to make your transition to your new home as smooth as possible.
Watch for information coming from Orientation regarding opportunities to visit campus during Blugold Experience days and see your new home before move in!
Watch loft tutorials
Watch our loft tutorial videos to learn how to set up your room.
NOTE: It is preferred that you bring your own rubber mallet. However, they are also available for checkout at the front desk.
Decide if you'll want to request a parking permit
Watch your UWEC email for details about requesting a parking permit in August. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-3000.
What to Bring or Not Bring
Check out our 2022 Ultimate Packing List and start packing! Please note which items you can and cannot bring with you to campus.
No longer attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal>Contract>Manage 2022-2023 >Cancel