Thanks for choosing to live at UW-Eau Claire for the upcoming school year. Below you'll find the information you need about move-in dates and preparation as well as tasks you need to complete before you arrive on campus!
See Fall 2020 Move-In dates below or explore one of these sections:
Fall 2020 Move-In dates
First-Year and Transfer students
Watch your UWEC email for sign-up instructions — coming in July! Sign up is required for Move-In and Early Drop Off options.
- Wednesday, August 26th (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.) *
- Thursday, August 27 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- Friday, August 28 (8 a.m. - 4 p.m.)
* meal plan will not begin until August 27
Early Drop Off dates
Available for select halls only.
- August 15-16
- August 22-23
Students will be able to drop off all items to their room but they will not be able to check-in or live in their room at that time. This allows us to space out the move-in process and better incorporate social distancing.
Sign up is required for Move-In. Watch your UWEC email for sign up instructions — coming in July!
- Friday, August 28th 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. for Haymarket only
- Saturday, August 29th, 8am-4pm all halls
- Sunday, August 30 and Monday, August 31, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. for all halls
What should you do now?
Contact your roommate
- View your roommate information at My Housing Portal > Manage your room & plan bookings > Roommate Info.
- In addition to getting to know each other, make sure to discuss furniture needs and room arrangement details.
Select meal plan
- Students in traditional residence halls and The Suites are required to have a meal plan. For Haymarket, Priory, Chancellors and Aspenson Mogensen, a residence meal plan is optional.
- If you do not select a meal plan by August 1 at 8 p.m., your meal plan will default to the Platinum Meal Plan.
- Go to My Housing Portal > Manage your room & plan bookings > Meal Plans to select your meal plan.
- Meal plan changes can occur until September 10 at 3 p.m. View information about Meal Plans.
Register for a Move-In time
Watch your UWEC email for full details — coming in July!
Complete your Emergency Contact Information
Tour your new home (virtually!)
Want to see what your new home away from home looks like? Take a virtual tour of your hall!
Watch loft tutorials
Watch our loft tutorial videos to learn how to set up your room.
NOTE: It is preferred that you bring your own rubber mallet. However, they are also available for checkout at the front desk.
Start planning for your arrival
Check out our Ultimate Packing Checklist and start packing! Please note which items you can and cannot bring with you to campus.
More information to come in early August.
University parking permits
Watch your UWEC email for details about requesting a parking permit by August 1. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-3000.
Frequently asked questions
Due to current state furloughs, staff response time via phone or email may be prolonged. In order to assist with common questions, please reference our Fall 2020 Housing FAQs.
No longer attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal > Application > Manage 20-21 > Cancel.