Thanks for choosing to live at UW-Eau Claire for the upcoming school year. Below you'll find the information you need about move-in dates and preparation as well as tasks you need to complete before you arrive on campus!
Move-In Dates Fall 2019
Incoming freshman and transfer students will register in My Housing Portal and this process will open once assignments are released. Students must register for a date and time as specified below. Each time slot has limited enrollment so that the moving in process is spaced out to provide for ample access to elevators, moving carts, and parking. Thus, register early to get the time that meets your needs! (See Complete Forms below in #2).
- Saturday, August 31st (8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, or 2pm-4pm)
- Sunday, September 1st (8am-10am, 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm)
Returning students may begin moving in Sunday, September 1st at 2pm and may arrive any date/time after this as long as checked in by 8am on Wednesday, September 4th.
Move-In Preparation Check-List
1) Contact your Roommate
2) Complete Forms @ My Housing Portal
Register for your move in date and time slot (Portal - MISC)
View and Update Profile + Emergency Contact Information (Portal - MISC)
o Must view information in My Housing Portal before move in day but update via CampS
Complete Loft Request Form (Portal - MISC)
o Submit your loft request form by July 1 to ensure your room is ready upon your arrival at move in. We work hard to fulfill as many requests as possible over summer but any request received after July 1st no guarantee that room will be ready.
o Lofting crews will be available onsite during both move in days. If you need loft crew on move in days, submit a new loft request form and the crew will stop by or contact you at the number provided as you will need to be present in the room when they come.
o Self-Lofting Available in Select Halls:
Towers South, Towers North, Putnam, The Suites, Thomas and Sutherland offer modular furniture which allow the student to self-loft multiple set up/room configurations without assistance for University staff. However, if you want assistance, just submit the loft request form. Bed Lofting video will show you how to adjust your bed.
Update or verify any Vaccine Information (Portal - MISC)
Register for Early Drop Off (if interested) (Portal - Room and Plan Bookings)
o Want to ease the stress of fall move in? Come drop your boxed items and bigger items into your room on Sunday, August 25th from 10am-4pm.
o $75 charged to your fall term student account
o This is drop off only. You may not stay in room or settle in.
3) Select Your Meal Plan @ My Housing Portal - Room and Plan Bookings
- Room and Plan Bookings and see Meal Plan
- If you do not select a meal plan, you will be defaulted to the platinum meal plan
- Meal plans required in all residence halls and The Suites
- Meal plan optional in Haymarket, Priory, Aspenson Mogensen, and Chancellors
4) Learn more about your assigned Residence Hall (Portal - View Res Halls on Menu tree on the left of this page)
- Remember, you will be able to tour your residence hall during freshman orientation too and come meet the staff!
5) Start planning for your arrival and packing!
- See what you can and cannot bring: Ultimate Packing Checklist
- Student are advised to bring their own TV cable cord as these are not provided.
- Review the commonly asked questions
6) Looking for on-campus parking permit?
Watch your UWEC email for information
More info at uwec.ly/parking
7) Want to be a Hall Raiser?
- Hall raisers are student volunteers who assist fellow Blugolds at move in. Hall raisers move in early on Friday, August 30th, have a lot of fun, and get to meet fellow Blulgold building community members. Ask during at your housing orientation tour for more info if interested.
Move-In Parking Details
Park as close as you can to your assigned building to check in at the front desk.
Watch for more specific move in information via email in August.
Find Your Way to Your New Home
If you want to GPS or map directions to your assigned building use the address below.
Upper campus: 642 university Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701 (then navigate to your assigned hall based on the campus map. This is address for Towers Hall).
Lower campus (Putnam and Katherine Thomas): 101 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Aspenson Mogensen: 222 Water Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Haymarket Landing: 220 Eau Claire St, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Priory Hall: 1190 Priory Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701
No Longer Attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal click Application, Manage 19-20, then Cancel.